1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Felger Mocks Halladay's Death

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Last week, just hours after baseball great Roy Halladay had been killed in a plane crash, Boston announcer Michael Felger of NBC Sports 'Felger & Mazz Show' took time on air to ridicule Halladay's death.

Michael Felger.jpg

In a ten-minute diatribe complete with sarcasm, laughter and sound effects, he announced that Halladay deserved to die, while calling him a 'jackass'.

" That guy’s like the bad guy to me ... screw around in a little toy plane. "

At one point, Felger said :

" Wheee! Wheee! Yeah, man, look at the G-force on this ! " - while making flying noises and the sounds of explosions in straight-up mockery.

" Yeah, man, look at this, this is so cool. And then you die. "

" SPLAT! You’re dead. Ha ha, what a moron. "

He then went on to tell his audience :

" You have the right to do the exact same thing I’m doing to Roy Halladay. He got what he deserved. "

Google has since hidden the audio, and NBC (headed by Jeffrey Zucker) has decided that all Felger deserves is a weekend off with pay
    - he'll be back on the job on Monday.

What a sick World it is, which has such sick people as these in it.

curiousFred likes this.
  2. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

Sounds like he was trying to do a shtick from Wedding Crashers when Chaz (Will Ferrell) was telling John (Owen Wilson) about crashing funerals and the hang gliding accident that killed the boyfriend of the chick he had just picked up. Tasteless in real life, funny in the movie.

3. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

I remember a time when it didn't matter who you were, what your political affiliation was, if you made a tasteless remark about someone's death, you got fired, and were pretty much in the doghouse until you made a public apology. Sadly today, that's not the case.

4. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

You're right Triad. I thought (hoped?) that after November 2016, we might get back to balance. It's gotten noticeably worse since then IMO.

TriadSibling likes this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Do you the people actually blame your Presidents for assholes like Felger ?

6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Only the Democrat ones, Gadget. Around here the consensus is the Republicans can walk on water.

The real shame is that these sports talk shows exist at all. The even bigger shame is that there's a market for them. Makes you wonder, a large chunk of the country beneath us has the collective IQ of a grapefruit.

7. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

No, not particularly. I think who my country elects president does demonstrate the direction that the country is going. And yeah, I do think the left are the ones who have debased society more than the right. The crap that's been coming out of Hollywood and New York over the past 25 years has made discourse more crude and uncivil. Things like Facebook and Twitter have made it exponentially worse. Obama was a good guy, but his policies were divisive. As a democrat, he bought into the balkanization of America with a bunch of multicultural bullshit. You can't have a country if there is no commonality to society.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  8. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Not really. I find this to be an issue that has cumulated over years of growing intolerance. It didn't start with the current sitting president, I'm not convinced the division even started with Obama, although a lot of intolerant people rose up during his presidency. This is a societal problem, and it's always been societal, at the end of the day, we have only ourselves to blame for allowing such crap to go unchallenged. While people have the right to say what they want, that right doesn't protect them from the consequences that befall them as a result of saying it, whether it's societal, or professional. The way society has always stopped such behavior is by making that behavior unsustainable. It's not a great system, but it is effective, and it usually allows more civil behavior and comments.

pussycat and Insp Gadget like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.