1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Cruise liners.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by curiousFred, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I would never go on a trip with a cruise liner, they are floating incubators, not because of their management or staff, but the filthy customers, who think washing hands after toilet is a waste of time.
    Putting their fingers into the foods available, causing gastric upsets.
    Then there are no police, or laws to follow.
    People have disappeared over the side. etc.
    Now the Corona Virus is spreading through the bloody things, I wouldn't accept a free trip on any of them.

Brutus58 and londonboy49 like this.
  2. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't need to go on a trip with a cruise liner to witness that. My local grocery store does the job.

curiousFred, Dane and Akbloke like this.
  3. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

2013 I went on one, was a great time. None of those things happened, at least not that I witnessed. But since you've not been on one, at best you have a second hand account, nothing more than hearsay.

curiousFred likes this.
  4. car_guy74

car_guy74 Trusted Member

I went a few years ago. It was okay. No bad experiences like you posted.

curiousFred likes this.
  5. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

Wouldn't it be wise to just make sure you take extra time for hygiene if you go on a cruise? I've heard they are quite enjoyable. I'm considering doing a cruise for my 20th anniversary.

curiousFred likes this.
  6. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

As far as laws being broken on a ship, if such were to occur, ships have a "brig" or "jail", but apparently the crew doesn't like using it. Minor cases (drunkenness, minor altercations, etc) will see the offender under cabin arrest, with a security guard posted outside their door so they can't leave. In extreme cases, they can be put off ship at the next port and handed over to the authorities there (which could mean a foreign country), and will see the "jail".

At least that's what I was able to find. It may vary by cruise line, at least as far as wanting to use it, but that seems like it'd be pretty standard. So there are "police" of a sort, and there are laws that apply, even in international waters.

Brutus58 and Akbloke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.