1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Countdown to Cannabis

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

It is now approximately one month before the recreational use of Cannabis becomes legal in Canada.

( And yours truly has been waiting half a century to see if all those rumours I heard in the Sixties were true ! :D )

So The Toronto Daily Star has been running a Cannabis Countdown, where the issues and progress and such are discussed.

The market for CBD products is exploding, for example.

[​IMG] ( My neighbour's dogs love 'Bully Bites' :) )

[​IMG] And no less than Coca-Cola is looking to introduce a line of CBD-infused 'wellness beverages' !

DanEgregious and Brutus58 like this.
  2. Insp Gadget

CBD and THC

I just finished sending a small article to a lady I like who lives upstairs.

She is just an absolute sweetheart (more about that another time) but she struggles each and every day to fight her MS.

And this whole cannabis stuff is all over the media these days, and it's confusing.

So I'll take the personal stuff out, and just post the article here as a simple summary.

Any thoughts and ideas would be great.

I thought that I would try to describe the 'medical marijuana' thing for you. It's two weeks away for it to be on public retail sale, and we're going to see it all over the news and talk shows - it's going to be confusing.

CBD and THC are just chemicals. (Alcohol is a lot stronger - we feel a glass of wine more.)

CBD is the 'medical' ingredient. THC is the 'recreational' one. That's it.

For those with MS, you absolutely need the CBD part, and it really doesn't matter after that. The THC part is what gives that warm relaxed feeling people enjoy.

The fellow in the article I'll link for you below - he raves about just pure CBD from hemp, and no THC at all.

I thought that was a very good article.

CBD is something we already have in our bodies anyway - it helps our cells communicate with each other. MS damages the ability of our cells to communicate properly, so some additional CBD helps out.

It's kind of like how licking a wound can help it heal - there's something in our saliva that gives the cells a boost. Same sort of idea.

So there you go - that's what all the fuss is about. It really is pretty simple, I think.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  3. v957

v957 Trusted Member

Entertainment

Insp Gadget likes this.
  4. Insp Gadget

Well last week's legalization was as ho-hum as can be hoped for, in a society where the manipulative media thrives on entertainment and conflict.

A few people I know are now relieved that they will no longer require a prescription, and one of my sons switched vendors. No big deal.

It will be interesting to see how the USA will proceed now.

And don't get me wrong - I totally get why President Trump should be wary of just adopting some other country's way of doing things, or putting up with things and doing nothing. He should do what his constituents would prefer that he do.

And will the growth of the cannabis industry have 'free trade' implications down the road ? Lots of good issues - interesting negotiations ahead.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Brutus58 likes this.
  5. 3-6-9

3-6-9 Trusted Member

This is what they call an “education centre,” fireandflowerco that includes cannabis samples, ipads, and a strain wall with a strength scale. You can buy dry cannabis, seeds, oil, capsules, and accessories.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  6. duskyoboes

duskyoboes Trusted Member

Eventually the decriminalization of drugs will happen.. :)

7. Insp Gadget

The criminalization of Big Pharma would work for me ...

[​IMG]

vjagan and Brutus58 like this.
  8. Goaks

Goaks Trusted Member

#meetoo ;)

Insp Gadget likes this.
  9. Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson Trusted Member

Is it legal in quebec too? Im going there at the end of this month for a bachelor party and id like to buy some while there to enhance the experience. Obviously dont want to fly with it from the US...

10. Insp Gadget

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. jakethegrinder

jakethegrinder Trusted Member

Get it over with , legalize it everywhere it going to happen anyway .

12. Slammy54

Slammy54 Trusted Member

Idk why it’s taking so long. I think that people need to look after themselves. Go do whatever you want just don’t work, use heavy machinery, or drive. If you do, you get giant penalty. I think it would teach others to be responsibilities.

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  13. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

In my old county the County Exec said "even if NYS legalizes it, it will remain illegal here". It BAFFLES me that leaders do not get that they cant just say "nope. We passed a law saying you cant tell US.". Supremacy Clause. And people use the county JD is made in and "dry county". That is because no one wasted the energy to take it to court. The County would get nut kicked BTW. Because it is not a "Dry county". It is a "dry county except the distillery and the JD general store in town which only sells JD liquor products".

14. Insp Gadget

Perhaps we should have seen it coming ...

[​IMG]

15. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

vjagan likes this.
  16. vjagan

vjagan Trusted.Member

Best profitable business development!

Insp Gadget likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.