1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

California Democrats want to Regulate Speech on Internet.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

The Democrats in California have decided that it is necessary to have an Advisory Group, appointed by the Democrats, to review and approve all communication exchanged on Social Media, for the stated purpose of filtering out anything they consider to be false information. The Bill as written, has no limitation, no definitions, no accountability and no recourse.

SB1424 Internet: Social Media

2. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

That is a unconstitutional bill and caters toward oppression. As a citizen, i do not recognize this bill, nor the authority it comes from.
    This goes against the 1st amendment, and no government would dare to try to pass it.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  3. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

That won't stop the democrats in Sacramento from trying.

TriadSibling and Neophyte like this.
  4. Neophyte

It already passed. They are establishing a committee to determine how best to impose this on the public. They will also fill in all the detail information what they can do and how they can do it. Even if someone contests the constitutionality of the bill, since the Democrats control the State Attorneys office, and the State Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit court of Appeals, it would take at least 5 years before the U.S. Supreme Court will hear the arguments and the Democrats are hoping to take the White House and appoint Democrat judges to the Court thereby doing an end run around the people.

5. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

fuckem!!!!!!!!

TriadSibling and Neophyte like this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That's quite a sobering thought. Only Stalin or Hitler would consider this. And they call the Republicans "Nazis". Democrats are proving time and time again that they are the real "Nazis".

TriadSibling likes this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Glad that I don't live in that Nazis controlled state.

8. Neophyte

Democrats are the same all across the country. They have consolidated power in California, so they act more openly. Where they don't have a tight grip on power, they act more behind the scenes, but they are trying to do the same thing.

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  9. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

They're trying to pass a bill, maybe its passed already about using water. You will only be allowed to use 55 gallons of water a day. A person on TV gave an example of how much is used in taking a bath, using a dish washer, and doing laundry. They came up with 148 gallons used in one day. Where do you cut back?
    Born and raised in SoCal. Left there when I retired. Had to go back to a visit a friend after 11 years. I didn't recognize the place. You better learn Spanish.

Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I live in New York State and consider it a close second to California. We need to get rid of Il Duce (governor Cuomo) to have any semblance of freedom. This asshole prefers MS 13 to tax paying and law abiding citizens.

itshot and Neophyte like this.
  11. TriadSibling

So much for the system of checks and balances.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  12. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

The only checks the democrats are interested in are the ones that increase their bank balances.

13. Neophyte

I've been listening to several videos put out by Jordan Peterson. He is a psychologist and professor in Canada who has run afoul of Canada's Human Rights Tribunal. Canada's Human Rights Tribunal basically adjudicates cases where someone says something which is considered offensive to the defined protected group. So if you make a racial slur, they fine you or throw you in prison. Only the defined groups are protected, o if you are black or gay or transgendered, Human Rights Tribunal will prosecute anyone that offends you. If you are white and/or male, they don't give a hoot what anyone calls you. I think that this is what the California Democrats are trying to set up. A Tribunal that will prosecute anyone that makes a statement that the Tribunal doesn't like.

TriadSibling, itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  14. TriadSibling

Id wager it goes further than that.

Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  15. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Where in New York if I may ask?

16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Western New York. But it doesn't really matter. The whole state is going down the drain and into the septic tank. I'm a 8-10 hour drive from NYC. (The septic tank). The other septic tank is Albany (capital of New York were politicians fuck us over).

17. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Lived in Saratoga for about a year. This was around '91.

18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Did you attend the horse races much? How about glider planes? Take any lessons?

itshot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.