1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are you ready for some football

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Friends don't let friends go to Queens.

Hey, don't ask me - I somehow did pretty well on paper, but I still suspect divine intervention.

My first year was in 1964, and I graduated before the Sixties had ended. I remember hearing 'Sgt. Pepper' for the first time in the common room. Add to that things like NORML rallies and a couple of lectures from one Timothy Leary, no less ... you do the math. :D

annab2 and allison17 like this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Thank you Neophyte !

See folks, I told you ... :D

4. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Amen preach it brother!!!!! try getting tackled on green bays field when it is -40 degrees. think of it like this it is about the same as being tackled on concrete. ;)

annab2 and incestfan67 like this.
  5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

You are correct sweety it is Scotland my bad. Foe his weight class he is one bad mo fo and he does have boxing ability. What I am afraid of he might get so pissed off and forget it's only boxing and and put Floyd Mayweather, in a rear naked choke and put him to sleep. this guy is nuts but bad ass nuts it would not surprise me if he did it on purpose . He's got money and he doesn't give a shit to put on a show to make him look like the best. All I can say they better have some damn good security even at the weigh in because conner likes to get in his opponents head. He will slap the shit out of Mayweather right there and then before the fight. ;):)

annab2 likes this.
  6. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

College(University)football is rich with tradition.Autumn Saturday's are sacred. From Boston College to Florida State, from Nebraska to Alabama, from Notre Dame to Texas, from California to Washington State and all points in between you get a sense of how vast and beautiful this country is.Rivalry among schools runs deep as it has for over a hundred years. From Labor day weekend in September to Thanksgiving giving weekend in November everything is on the line. December brings Bowl Games, bragging rights for a season well done. For the select few are the major bowl games of New Year's and a chance for the national championship.

7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

The fight is on sweety. It is set For August the 16th. Conner is already up to his tricks. He posted a picture of Mayweathers Dad on face book saying that was mayweather because he looks so old. Laffin!

It going to be one of the biggest money fights ever.

annab2 likes this.
  8. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

The All Blacks are indeed the most known throughout the world, but we -in Belgium- have also quite some names for our teams:

The Red Devils = the male football (soccer) team

The Red Flames = the female football (soccer) team

The Red Dragons = the male volleyball team

The Yellow Tigers = the female volleyball team

The Belgian Lions = the male basketball team

The Belgian Cats = the female basketball team

The Red Wolves = the male handball team

The Red Lions = the male hockey (°) team

The Red Panthers = the female hockey (°) team

The Belgian Bullets = the female bobsled team

(°) hockey is played on a field, if played on ice it's icehockey

allison17 and annab2 like this.
  9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

You guys sure like the color red.

allison17 likes this.
  10. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it seems so, but I guess since The Red Devils were first that they continued with Red.
    But I guess it will always be one of the colours of our national flag (black-yellow-red):
    vlag_belgi__rechtformaat_1_2.jpg

allison17 and annab2 like this.
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Actually I'm from Oakville, I just went to college in Hamilton. I don't really like the City (I don't like any cities), I just love my Tiger cats. And I didn't like the commute, but it beat the hell out of going to Toronto every day. I worked in Toronto (Sick Childrens and then Princess Margaret) and I absolutely hated living in TO. That city is turning into a toilet bowl, I couldn't wait 'til I made enough money to get the hell out.
    Being a CFL fan (and a TCats fanatic) you can understand why we, the REST OF CANADA, despise the Argos, I mean what kind of pussies would put a roof over a football stadium? This is the CFL !!

:D:D

allison17, annab2 and Insp Gadget like this.
  12. pussycat

How much time does an NFL player actually spend "playing"? Half the game sitting on the bench, The other half in 10 second bites with a 30 second break in between.
    Rugby you play the whole 80 minutes, offense and defense, no substitutions, no time outs, no padding. There's no comparison.

And just an aside, but soccer is a winter sport predominately and rugby is played all year round regardless of the weather. And I have yet to see a dome over a rugby field, lol.

:cool:

13. pussycat

I'd like to see Green Bay if only because of Aaron Rogers. :)

Insp Gadget and allison17 like this.
  14. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Well said, my friend! You could always leave your full inheritance, to this child of Canada! :):rolleyes:;) (LOL!) :):p:D

allison17 and Insp Gadget like this.
  15. annab2

"Rightly so!":)

Akbloke and allison17 like this.
  16. Insp Gadget

American Football, Canadian Football, that Football that's played for the World Cup ... kid stuff.

Are you ready for some Real Football ?

Puppy Bowl.jpg

17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

They have the Kitty bowl now also. ;):)

annab2 likes this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Does he turn you on too? :)

Hell even Brady is still fine looking for his age, I wouldn't say no but I might have to call him daddy. :)

annab2 likes this.
  19. annab2

Yeppers! He is a walking, talking Pathetic ingrate, who insists upon championing a bogus societal mistake, people of his low character values, need to be thoroughly reprimanded! o_O

Insp Gadget likes this.
  20. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I can't stand him and I hope no other team picks him up and he has to find a job bagging groceries. ;)

Akbloke, Insp Gadget and annab2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.