1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A story of compassion

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by longing4sis, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

It's nice to hear that there are people out there that still have a compassionate enough heart to do something like this. There needs to be more in this world willing to help those abandoned and on the streets with no forever home.

Bus Driver Breaks Company Rules and Lets Stray Dogs Onboard to Escape a Thunderstorm
    Michelle Neff

Rules are generally in place to ensure the safety of everyone’s well-being. We live by a set of social norms that keep things in check. We can all agree that speeding is reckless, but if you eat a whole carton of Breyer’s new dairy-free ice cream in one sitting… well, we won’t tell anyone. Another rule that can be bent? Bringing homeless dogs onto a public bus!
    A bus driver in Buenos Aires, Argentina recently did just that. During a thunderstorm, the driver saw two scared and soaked dogs with nowhere to go in the pouring rain. So the driver broke the bus company’s strict “no animals” policy and scooped up the four-legged pups and brought them on board.
    Many feared the bus driver would face repercussions from their superior, but thankfully management issued a statement supporting the driver’s decision. The once homeless dogs also have a happy ending. Commuters hope that by sharing the photos of the dogs online, they will be able to find the dogs forever homes. With over 70 million homeless dogs and cats wandering the streets in the U.S. alone, we could all stand to be more like this bus driver to ensure homeless animals have a chance at getting their forever home. Truly, one person can make a difference.
    If you’re considering welcoming a four-legged companion into your home, please always adopt and never shop. And if you’d like to get involved with your local animal shelter, check out our guide to volunteering.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Mr L, reading this was a welcome breath of fresh air.

How far our World has fallen, when our actions are increasingly dictated by rules and regulations, rather than morals and values.

So good for the bus driver, the company management, Buenos Aires - and for good old common sense.

Iggy

longing4sis likes this.
  3. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Well Insp Gadget I am glad you liked it. It is not often that we hear things like this and I just had to share it. I truly wish that more people would do more acts of kindness to those that can not ask for help. I think that bus driver should have gotten a little raise for his good deed or at least a little something extra that week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.