1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Joke For Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tulm14

Tulm14 Trusted Member

My mum laughed at me when I said I was going to build a car out of spaghetti. You should have seen her face as I drove pasta

leon Phillips likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

A couple went on vacation to a fishing resort. The husband liked to fish at the crack of dawn; his wife preferred to read. One morning the husband returned after several hours of fishing and decided to take a nap. The wife, to escape her snoring husband, decided to take the boat out. Since she was not familiar with the lake, she rowed out to the middle, anchored the boat, and started reading her book.

Along came the sheriff in his boat. He pulled up alongside and said, "Good morning, ma'am. What are you doing here?"

"Reading a book," she replied, thinking, "Is this guy blind or what?"

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informed her.

"But, Officer, I'm not fishing. You can see that, surely."

"But you have all the equipment, ma'am. I'll have to write you up."

"If you do that, I will charge you with rape," returned the irate woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," the sheriff objected.

"That's true; but you have all the equipment."

amiraj and leon Phillips like this.
  3. Neophyte

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job. The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas." Well, the boss liked the kid, so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did." His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?" The kid says, "One." The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?" Kid says, "$101,237.64." Boss says, "$101,237.64? What did you sell him?" Kid says, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer." The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and truck?" Kid says, "No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said, "Well, since your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing."

4. Neophyte

Al Gore and the Clinton's are flying on Air Force One. Bill looks at Al, chuckles and says, "You know, I could throw a $100.00 bill out the window right now and make one person very happy." Al shrugs his stiff shoulders and says, "Well, I could throw ten $10.00 bills out the window and make 10 people very happy." Hillary tosses her perfectly hair-sprayed hair and says, "I could throw one hundred $1.00 bills out the window and make a hundred people very happy." Chelsea rolls her eyes, looks at all of them and says, "I could throw all three of you out the window and make the whole country happy."

5. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

A man takes his visiting country cousin to dinner at a posh restaurant.

They walk in, are ushered to a table by a formally dressed maître d'hôtel, and seated at a table set with the finest china and crystal.

The cousin takes the damask napkin from the solid silver napkin ring, unfolds it, puts it around his neck and proceeds to tie a knot in the back.

The maître d'hôtel stares at him for a moment, then says between gritted teeth, 'Sir, will you be having a shave or a haircut?'

curiousFred, Insp Gadget and amiraj like this.
  6. slisse

On wall in ladies room: "My husband follows me everywhere."
    Written just below it: "I do not."

7. slisse

A sweet young thing who has just been shopping is pulled over by a traffic cop and given a ticket for speeding.

Rather than fight the ticket, the woman writes a check for the amount of the fine and puts it in the mail.

However, the young woman is anxious.

Her husband always examines her checkbook carefully, and she doesn't want him to know about the incident.

Then inspiration strikes, and she scribbles on the check stub: "One pullover, $125."

8. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

A couple took a trip to the Holy Land and the husband decided to invite his mother-in-law. Before they even got there she was already complaining about the long flight and he knew he was in for a long trip. For two weeks they visited every major site from the bible. They walked the path that Jesus walked from where he was born in the manger to the tomb where the stone was rolled away. On one of the last days there the couple received some bad news from the hotel manager. A housekeeper had found the mother-in-law in her room dead of a heart attack. The manager informed them that they could take care of the arrangements and bury her in the holy land for only $200.00. If they decided to take her back to the U.S. the expense of preparing the body for the trip and the flight would run about $5,000.00. The husband said he would think about it and let him know the next day. The next day the hotel manager saw the husband in the lobby and asked him if he had made a decision. "I decided to take her back home for the $5,000.00" He told the manager. "That's fine" said the manager "But do you mind me asking why since we can do it here for just $200.00". "Well I've been thinking about it", said the husband, "And in the two weeks that we've been here all I've heard about was this man that they crucified and buried and then three days later he arose from the grave. For $4800.00 I'm not willing to take that chance!"

9. muffdiver

There was a man named Cletus that lived in a small town with only one traffic light. Cletus had saved up his money and bought a mo-ped. One day Cletus was at the light waiting for it to turn green when a shiny new Corvette convertible pulled up next to him. Cletus had never seen anything like this in his life. The Corvette had its top down so Cletus leans over the side of the car and starts checking out the interior. This annoys the driver of the vette so when the light turns green he steps on the gas, laying down rubber as he leaves the intersection. He gets up to 60mph when suddenly Cletus flies by him on his mo-ped. The driver of the vette says to himself "This clown wants to race". Shifting into 4th gear he steps on the gas again. He leaves Cletus in his dust as he gets up to 100mph. Then out of nowhere he sees Cletus coming up fast in his rear view mirror. He can't believe it as Cletus flies by him again on his mo-ped. The driver of the vette shifts into 6th gear and floors it. He passes Cletus and gets up to 150mph! Once again, Cletus passes him like he's standing still. Shocked, the driver of the vette pulls over to the side of the road. He hears gravel flying and brakes squalling as Cletus pulls up next to him. The driver of the vette congratulates Cletus on winning the race and asks him what kind of an engine he has in his mo-ped. Puzzled Cletus replied "Race? I was just trying to get my suspenders off of your side-view mirror."

10. muffdiver

An older lady gets pulled over for going 70mph in a 35mph zone ...
    Older Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?
    Officer: Ma'am, you were speeding.
    Older Woman: Oh, I see.
    Officer: Can I see your license please?
    Older Woman: I'd give it to you but I don't have one.
    Officer: Don't have one?
    Older Woman: Lost it, 4 years ago for drunk driving.
    Officer: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.
    Older Woman: I can't do that.
    Officer: Why not?
    Older Woman: I stole this car.
    Officer: Stole it?
    Older Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.
    Officer: You what?
    Older Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see.
    The Officer looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half! drawn gun.
    Officer 2: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please! The woman steps out of her vehicle.
    Older woman: Is there a problem sir?
    Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.
    Older Woman: Murdered the owner?
    Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.
    The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.
    Officer 2: Is this your car, ma'am?
    Older Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers. The officer is quite stunned.
    Officer 2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a drivers license.
    The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer.
    The officer examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.
    Officer 2: Thank you ma'am, one of my officers told me you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner.
    Older Woman: Bet the liar told you I was going 70 in a 35, too.

curiousFred and leon Phillips like this.
  11. Anthony US Veteran

Anthony US Veteran New Member

“A man and his wife were having a big argument at breakfast. He shouted at her, “You aren’t so good in bed either!” Then stormed off to work.
    By mid-morning, he decided he’d better make amends and called home. “What took you so long to answer?” he asked.
    “I was in bed,” she replied.
    “What were you doing in bed this late?”
    “Getting a second opinion.”

12. Anthony US Veteran

A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer. The husband puts, “Mypenis,” and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says, “Error. Not long enough.”

13. Anthony US Veteran

Why do dwarfs laugh when they play soccer?
    The grass tickles their balls.

14. muffdiver

A newly appointed young preacher was contacted by the local funeral director to hold a graveside committal service at a small country cemetery in Iowa. There was to be no funeral, just the committal, because the deceased had no family or friends left in Iowa. The young pastor started early to the cemetery, but soon lost his way. After making several wrong turns, he finally arrived a half-hour late. The hearse was no where in sight, and the workmen were relaxing under a nearby tree, eating their lunch. The pastor went to the open grave and found that the vault lid was already in place. He took out his book and read the service in its entirety. As he returned to his car, he overheard one of the workmen say: "Maybe we'd better tell him that's the septic tank."

15. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Mick was looking to find a woman, so Murphy decided to help him out.

He told Mick that the next time he's on the beach, to put a potato in his trunks, and the ladies will flock round from all over.

Mick goes out for three straight days with no luck.

He's about to give up, when he sees Murphy and says, " I don't understand. I did what you said and now no women will come anywhere near me ! "

Murphy looks at him, points, and says, " The potato goes in the front. "

curiousFred, leon Phillips and Zarp like this.
  16. slisse

All of the ten senior members of the Board of Directors of the company were called into the chairman's office one by one until only Bob, the junior member, was left sitting outside.

Finally it was his turn to be summoned.

He entered the office to find the chairman and the ten other directors seated around a table and was invited to join them, which he did.

As soon as he had sat down the chairman turned to Bob looking him squarely in the eye, and with a stern voice, asked, “Have you ever had sex with Mrs. Foyt, my secretary?”

“Oh, no sir, positively not!” Bob replied.

“Are you absolutely sure?” asked the chairman.

“Honest, I’ve never been close enough to even touch her!”

“You’d swear to that?”

“Yes, I swear I’ve never had sex with Mrs. Foyt anytime, anywhere.”

“Good, then you fire her !!!”

17. slisse

The sales girl at the Pink Pussycat boutique didn't bat an eye when the customer purchased an artificial vagina.

"What are you going to use it for?" she asked.

"None of your business," answered the customer, beet red and thoroughly offended.

"Calm down, buddy," soothed the salesgirl, "the only reason I'm asking is that if it's food, we don't have to charge you sales tax."

curiousFred, karel and leon Phillips like this.
  18. slisse

Two girlfriends are having a conversation about their boyfriends.

The first one says: "My boyfriend said he fantasized about having two girls at once."

The other replies, "Yeah, most men do. What did you tell him?"

I said, "If you can't satisfy one woman, why would you want to piss off two?"

19. slisse

Three violin manufacturers had all done business on the same block for years and years in the small town of Cremona, in Italy.

After years of peaceful coexistence, the Amati shop placed a sign in the window that read, "We make the best violins in Italy."

The Guarneri shop, two doors down, followed suit shortly thereafter but their sign read, "We make the best violins in the world!"

Finally, the Stradivarius family, who owned the shop right between the two, placed a sign in the window that read simply, "We make the best violins on the block."

20. slisse

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer.

I saw it through my telescope last night.

curiousFred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.