1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Conservatives view of Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Jeff Sessions. Republican Control of both Houses. If they wanted to fix it they could. They are choosing not to. They proposed and backed and defended to death DOMA. That was in response to the fact that VT was about to legalize in the 90s. Abortions? They try to pass and often do pass laws that limit it almost to the point where they barely know they are pregnant when you take the 2 week consideration period into account. 8-10 weeks? So. My niece might have had Downs Syndrome or many other issues. The tests? Around week 10-13. If you ban after 10 with 2 weeks "consideration"? You are way passed the time you can by the time you would know. Now. Mississippi, Republican, 6 week limit. 8 in Iowa. 15 in Ohio.

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

I have a somewhat different view of abortion. I do think a woman should have the right to choose BUT it isn’t and should never be used as a form of birth control. Meaning everyone does make mistakes and should be able to especially a teen girl have the abortion to continue her life. Now that being said I do not think that said teen or any woman for that matter can get pregnant time after time because they do not use birth control and keep falling back on abortion as birth control. If there is a problem with the fetus or a health issue which could kill either the parent or the child then steps could be taken.
    I guess what I am saying is the choice should be available to the mother to have the first abortion but anything there after should have very special circumstances.

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. buffyfan

That one becomes a self regulating system. Too many scar the uterus. So too many make pregnancy hard if not impossible. I actually know someone from a lifetime ago that was doing just that. Now she can not have kids.

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

This may sound cold and cruel, but maybe better that she can't have any kids. Better for the kids that is. Better to not exist than to exist in a miserable life. I am making a lot of assumptions here, I know. Just a thought.

5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

A highway sign somewhere along Interstate 40 in Texas

1529461138093.jpg

6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Love it! I would like to put the same sign here in New York. Except the Canadians don't want them either. Build a wall around New York City and make it a prison. Oh, that's right, thete was a movie about that. Good idea. Ahead of it's time.

7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

8. Neophyte

I was scanning through YouTube looking at various videos and came across a video about discrimination on a Delta Airlines flight. I listened through the entire video and seemed very suspicious of its claims. To me, it seems that some information about the event is missing. I searched the web for corroborating information, but none of the sources gave the information I was looking for. I've listed the story of the incident as reported by a Liberal News Outlet and a Conservative News Outlet. Do you notice any differences in the story reported.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/15/...r-aside-in-search-of-an-actual-physician.html

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/...ctors-accusations-blatant-discrimination.html

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. buffyfan

Did not hear about this one. But the issue I would have in questioning is pattern of behavior on Delta. This one seems suspect as I can not find any backing info besides what the woman said. They seem to have, definition, "snowflake" FAs lately. Any time anyone does something outside of praise? They flip out. I point to the woman thrown off the flight for telling one "why are you standing over my shoulder" when the FA demanded to WATCH her put the phone in Airplane mode. Now that one is border line. The people who then were thrown off for telling the FA that she was wrong? That was "WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION ME!" reaction. In a larger training sense it appears Delta is not training them well. Or they are telling them "You are beyond question on that plane!".

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  10. buffyfan

All of that said, I officially withdrew my Party Registration today. I am officially without a party. I can not stomach my own party anymore. Well part of it. The ones who dont understand basic math as it applies to voting.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  11. Neophyte

When I first heard this story, it seemed suspicious. I tried to find more details, but couldn't get more than what was originally reported. I figured that I'll just accept the story for now, unless I find out differently. I'm not sure about how the Airlines are behaving lately, I have flown in almost 20 years, things could have changed.

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

Did this announcer make a mistake or inadvertently tell the truth.

oldman681 and Brutus58 like this.
  13. Neophyte

14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

I am postulating another view on the differences between the current Liberals and Conservatives. This view does not specify individual people but the general trend of both groups.

Liberals want to bring The Wealthy down.

Conservatives want to take The Poor up.

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. Neophyte

19. +18 Incest Fan

+18 Incest Fan Trusted.Member

It's sad but the progressive idiology is indoctrinated in the youth from early on.

20. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

We accept refugees from the USA.

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.