1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What's the Deal With Climate Change

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Apr 25, 2019.

?

Which Climate Change Faction Do You Most Identify With

1. Alarmist

17.9%
  2. Advocate

25.6%
  3. Undecided

2.6%
  4. Skeptic

35.9%
  5. Denier

17.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

This is a great discussion, intelligent, entertaining, and not meaning to just jump in and divert it. But I think that issues like global warming and population growth, accumulating pollutants as well - they're all warning signs, that we're outgrowing our planet.

And I think that all of the energy that is current being squandered on squabbling over how this all happened, had better soon be put to use figuring out how we're going to migrate to wherever we're going to be living next.

5tvvd, Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  2. cuzluster

cuzluster Trusted.Member

yeah so at a barbeque recently people were bangin' on about carbon dioxide this and carbon dioxide that and how we should remove it from the earths' atmosphere and all this crap so I just said to them 'try living without it' and they all shut up.

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Dojinaruka

Dojinaruka Account Deleted

There's a grain of truth in everything

9. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

I'll get onboard with all the climate alarmists as soon a the mortgage companies stop funding mortgages on the coast. When insurance companies stop covering homes built where sea levels are supposed to be rising then you know shits real.

Brutus58 and niceguy like this.
  10. niceguy

niceguy Trusted Member

30 years ago I was told at school we were heading into a new ice age !
    Brainwashing
    Politics
    Echo chambers

milostewart, Brutus58 and haiko like this.
  11. milostewart

milostewart Trusted Member

Climate change has nothing to do with human activities..

[​IMG]

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  12. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I saw Randy Mann's name as one the meteorologists that prepared the chart.
    He's up here in my neck of the woods. WA/ID

13. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

Something didn't seem right to me about this... There's no correlation for volcanic activity and temperatures... There's no citing where that data is polled from and the only website I could find to support this is owned by the very guys who presenting this information to us. There's a lot more I found, but I'm too tired and too lazy to put a whole assessment on this at face value.

Google their names. You'll likely see very different results than this chart... I found it strange that one would brag about having 300 credits from 7 universities, but not a degree? Yeah... I am starting to see the problems here...

-SW

itshot likes this.
  14. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

To me climate change is bullshit. But then again I'm older than dirt.

15. incest_otter

incest_otter Trusted.Member

I've done quite a bit of research on this over the years. Just over a decade ago I was a big time advocate, used to join onto protests and attend events, etc. Then I woke up and started actually questioning things and now I remain fairly skeptical. I don't identify with the concept of 'denial', because I've learned quite a lot about it and know that the climate has always - ALWAYS - been changing. It's a continuum that is constantly in flux. It goes up, it goes down. Usually as a result of various naturally occurring factors. I learned about things like the medieval warm period and the 'little ice-age', both of which shatter the claims made by the climate alarmists today.

On top of that, look at the Younger Dryas climate catastrophe, where the global climate dropped massively in a very short time frame, stayed low for just over a thousand years and then suddenly shot back up. The evidence is mounting that both the massive dip and massive rise were caused by asteroid impacts - the first on the North American ice sheet around 12, 800 years ago, causing catastrophic flooding all over the North American continent, evidenced in the geology of the area, and likely producing a significant effect globally - sea level rise, and a major dip in temperatures as massive - possibly 1000 foot high, or more - floods of instantly melted ice, carrying ice-bergs, and any debris it contact, coursing across the land. This catastrophe is likely what killed of the mega-fauna of the Americas. The second impact around 11, 600 years ago is believed to have hit somewhere in the oceans, which would have created another round of severe flooding but also thrown immense amounts of water vapor - the most numerous green-house gas - into the atmosphere, causing a very long period of heavy rains (these are likely evidenced on the rainfall erosion of Egypt's Sphinx complex, in an area which scientists know did not receive heavy rainfall since at least this period around the end of the last ice-age. Look into the work of Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, Robert Shock, and especially the Comet Research Group whose work has vindicated Hancock's 25 year held case that such a cataclysm occurred, wiping out a lost civilization which we could consider advanced. Evidence is also now showing that such a civilization may have been in the Americas.

So I'm definitely NOT a denier of climate change. Climate can be affected in catastrophic ways by the right events, but overall, there is a constant cycle of warming and cooling which seems to have more to do with the sun than carbon.

Raw climate data - as in, the ACTUAL climate data - shows almost no discernible or statistically significant warming trend. Adjustments artificially imposed on the data - making the past slightly cooler and the present slightly warmer - account for almost all of the warming trend that the climate establishment claims. There have been numerous instances of scientists being caught out manipulating raw climate data, such as the climategate emails that were leaked years back.
    I highly recommend watching the content of James Corbett at the Corbett Report (either CorbettReport .com or on youtube). Here's a link to a search of his channel for 'climate'. All of his videos on the subject have been pretty excellent - https://www.youtube.com/user/corbettreport/search?query=climate

I'd also recommend people follow this blog, one of the leading climate change sources in my opinion and one which acknowledges the reality of climate change - which is nowhere near as dire and threatening as the political class would have us believe - whilst also dispensing with and dunking many of the myths. The site is run by and features contributors who are, usually, qualified to analyse the data, etc - https://wattsupwiththat.com/
    Another great one is the blog of Judith Curry, another climatologist who has pushed back against the mainstream narrative and pointed out the lack of evidence to support the claims - https://judithcurry.com/

I look at the arguments of actual climatologists, who are great doubt about the widely circulated, accepted, mainstream narrative on the topic. They always tell you these figures like '97% of climate scientists agree with the climate consensus' - which is absolute bollocks. The same sources telling us that are putting out papers on the subject which have been endorsed by only 60 odd scientists, while groups of thousands sign public statements disagreeing with them.

Largely the concept of anthropogenic climate change can be considered a falsehood and a propaganda construct and the real danger of the whole thing is that the climate change narrative is being utilized by the political establishment and elite oligarchs and plutocrats to consolidate vast amounts of political power, essentially taking us baby-step-by-baby-step towards a global government and loss of national sovereignty throughout most of the world. This agenda has always been about consolidation of power. It's a tool of the 'new world order', and probably their most successful psychological operation against the public to date. It uses very blatant propaganda methods and very often is emotionally manipulating the public and ruling them with fear and ignorance to achieve its aims of domination.

It is to be opposed, but sadly, not enough people are well enough informed about it to make the right decisions. They're heard mentalities who read articles reporting the findings of studies, rather than reading the studies themselves and also looking at the conflicts of interest behind them. This is an issue right across the board with almost all sciences these days. Take the vaccine issue - most people read the media about it, they don't read the studies and don't read to the end to find out that the studies being reported widely are funded by Big Pharma.

This graphic pretty much sums up the state of science these days. But it still carries with it this idea that 'science is real'. You see people say that all the time, 'the science on this is real man'. Bollocks. Science IS real, yes, but that doesn't mean that every claim made by a scientist is real. It's very easily manipulated by corporate and political interests - because it's largely from those sectors that funding for 'science' to be carried out comes. The scientific method is real, and vital, but it's not how very much science is being done today.

[​IMG]

16. milostewart

milostewart Trusted Member

The planet is fine...THE PEOPLE ARE FUCKED - George Carlin

17. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

I thought this was settled last year. Dirt is older then you, but only by 5 years.
    :rolleyes:

Danny Boy 1966, itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  18. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Thank You mind is slipping too.

19. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

The problem is we cannot even trust the scientists, they have their own agendas.
    For various reasons.

Brutus58 and Danny Boy 1966 like this.
  20. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Climate change has been happening since Day 1 of the planet's life. There was a time when the planet was covered in ice (Snowball Earth), or nearly completely so. The opposite has also happened (Greenhouse Earth) 4.6 to 2.4 billion years ago. And there's obviously been everything in between. The world will survive. The world is in no danger.

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.