1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Iceland Qualifies for World Cup

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

No I.G. I don't have many stories about sports folks. Although one of my workmates happened to race against Lewis when he was much younger and still on Go-Karts. He loves to follow L.H., but to me, that industry seems to be as you say - very contrived. Like the way that they managed to keep Lewis on top when he had an Aussie for a driving mate....now we can't have those damned colonials form down-under beating the European Champs can we?

And the way that Aussie was beaten by Qatar to host the FIFA Championships? It would have made so much, more sense to hold it in a cooler climate at that time of year. .....But of course, the Oil money won out.......It will most likely be about another 50 or so years before Aussie ever tries to host it again. Most Aussies think that it is not worth trying because we will always be over-ridden by the more affluent Clubs from the bigger-League countries anyway. Part of the reason why we prefer Rugby League, Rugby Union or Aussie Rules. Screw the corrupt Soccer Clubs in the Northern Hemisphere.

Al you ever hear is how Real Madrid always wins.....ans as for Renaldo, he is so full of his own importance, he can't see past the end of his own nose. He has to learn that Soccer is NOT the only thing in life.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  2. cult45

cult45 Trusted Member

It's not just sports, everything is getting mixed into politics. Video games, sports, TV shows, artists.. It's a shame because no one listens and just wants to be right so they go at each other and make everything worse.

But back to soccer, CR7 is a pretty good human being, despite his arrogance, which comes from being so competitive.. He gets paid a lot tho, so people get the wrong idea about him.

And don't worry, I doubt Qatar would be able to host so Australia might get it, or the USA.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  3. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

And don't worry, I doubt Qatar would be able to host so Australia might get it, or the USA.

The thing is:

Australia might not want to host the damned thing now. It is getting close to the time when the matches should be held, and to suddenly switch to Aussie would not give them enough time to prepare the venues. So FIFA's greed and corruption will be catching up with them.

4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I'm a bit puzzled but when did Lewis Hamilton ever have an Aussie as a teammate?
    I only recall 1 Englishman, 1 Spaniard, 1 German and 2 Finns? Unless it was before he got to F1?

:confused:

5. cult45

cult45 Trusted Member

Yeah, but remember Mexico 86? It happened because Colombia want able to host. It's still early enough to have Qatar replaced, and for Australia to work on some stadiums

6. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

And let us not forget that the World Curling season is starting ...

Zarp and Neophyte like this.
  7. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Russia 2018
    There are still 8 teams in Europe of which 4 will make it to Russia:
    russia18.jpg

8. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

09 November:
    Northern Ireland - Switzerland
    Croatia - Greece

10 November: