1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what's the last movie you've seen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thattechguy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. pluvi0phile

pluvi0phile Trusted Member

Tommy Wiseau's The Room. I'd just finished the book written by one of the movie's co-stars about his life leading up to the filming of this terrible, god-awful movie. And since someone's begun making a new movie about the making of this train wreck of a movie, I thought I'd watch it again.

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I'm not a big Kevin Bacon fan, but he has played some unusual roles, but he was kinda normal in "Footloose". The last movie he was in that I saw was "X-Men: First Class" I'd say he wasn't normal in that one.

allison17 and jerrilynn like this.
  3. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

On the Bond discussion, Connery is Bond. The author literally changed bond to have a Scottish background because of Connery's excellent portrayal.

As for the last movie(s) I watched, last night I watched "The Bride of Frankenstein" and "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".

Akbloke and jerrilynn like this.
  4. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

Watching Dirty Dancing. Sigh!! Patrick.:p

allison17 likes this.
  5. Mek

Mek Trusted.Member

I'm having a classic Sci-Fi weekend, starting with Dune.

allison17 likes this.
  6. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

I liked him in "A Few Good Men". I think he's okay.

allison17 likes this.
  7. honeybunny

honeybunny New Member

I like the film, too. I have The Green Mile on a double DVD...and that's much the deal with me and movies. I like the extras you get: documentaries and commentaries. You don't get that with downloads. A lot of this stuff will become archival as time goes by.
    David Lean and Steven Spielberg chatted about Lawrence of Arabia as they viewed the restoration. Unfortunately it wasn't recorded, common in those days, and now Lean is gone and Spielberg will follow in the next 20 years. My Casablanca DVD came with a docco on Michael Curtiz narrated by Spielberg.
    Depends on what you like.....

allison17 and Princess Amy like this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Avatar is on tonight I liked it but I seen it when it first came out. I thought it was a good movie and might watch it while I am on the board. :)

9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Calm down now....calm down. :p ~giggles~

jerrilynn and Akbloke like this.
  10. valentinebunny

valentinebunny Daddy's Little Bunny

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2

allison17 likes this.
  11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

How was it VB? Worth watching?

12. Atara

Atara Account Deleted

Kept Woman

13. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Yes Roger Moore was good in that, made in 1973. And that was the one that Yaphet Kotto (Kananga / Mr Big) was in, as was Jane Seymore (Solitaire). It also starred Clifton James as Sherrif Pepper from 'way down South '. Of course Bernard Lee and Lois Maxwell were in it as well (M and Moneypenny). The Music was always a thing for the Bond movies and "Wings" got the job for this one - Sir Paul & Linda McCarthy.

jerrilynn and allison17 like this.
  14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Wow you remember a lot about movies. :)

No need to reply I am calling it a night to watch "Avatars"

good night and sweet dreams.

15. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

As suave and debonaire as Moore played it, he just wasn't Bond to me. I guess Sean Connery will always be James Bond. I do think Timothy Dalton was underrated and overlooked in his portrayal and probably my second favorite. Pierce Brosnan was serviceable but something just didn't work for me with him. Maybe it's because I always flashed back to Remington Steele with him. I did like that series, though.

allison17 and jerriswife like this.
  16. valentinebunny

one of the funniest/most adorable movies ever made.
    my daughter is NUTS for it

allison17 likes this.
  17. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

I do totally agree with you Jerrilynn. Sean Connery IS, WAS, and always WILL BE Bond, James Bond. As you say, others did play the part well, differently, but well, and some were just not quite up to it. But Sean played the part 'to a "T". He just oozed the appeal. I can understand what women saw in him.

Cheers.

18. valentinebunny

I always liked Brosnan the best. Connery was good of course, but something about him just didnt seem to gel with the way the character is in the books. To me anyway. Perhaps brosnan does a better british accent? Perhaps connery just isn't as handsome to me as brosnan, i dont know. But it is what it is, i think brosnan was the best.

19. honeybunny

honeybunny New Member

Yes I agree about Sean Connery; this is one on those "born to play" roles. Connery "permeated" the Bond character for me. As with Malcolm McDowell in Clockwork Orange ~ could you imagine anybody else making the role more his own? I, for one, always think of McDowell when Clockwork Orange comes to mind.
    By contrast, Warren Clarke, who played Dim in the film has had a long career on British TV and yet nobody thinks of C.O. when they see him....do you?

(As for that droog costume, apparently McDowell had just rushed in late, still in his cricket whites and to save time Kubrick just adapted his gear for the Alex character.)

allison17 likes this.
  20. dirtyharry44

dirtyharry44 Trusted Member

Black Hawk Down