1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

2. whenindoubtwhipitout

3. whenindoubtwhipitout

4. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt got to really feel sorry for them. The burgers are really that good I like the fries better than Micky D's and the onion rings are super. I get a small order of rings to put on my burger. Oh and by the way super size that please.

5. leon Phillips

leon Phillips Trusted.Member

my county is gray but has a whataburger. map needs updating.

6. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

They need to Whatasize the whole country. I can't believe that every county in Texas isn't orange. If you can't tell it is Randi and mine's favorite burger joint.

Gentleman Jim

7. whenindoubtwhipitout

America’s largest shotgun manufacturer, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., decided not to expand in Connecticut. Sure it was founded there 1919 and still has its corporate headquarters in North Haven. But in 2013 Connecticut rushed through legislation to ban some of Mossberg’s popular products. As a result, Mossberg CEO, Iver Mossberg, says, “Investing in Texas was an easy decision. It’s a state that is not only committed to economic growth but also honors and respects the Second Amendment and the firearm freedoms it guarantees for our customers.”

8. whenindoubtwhipitout

Fort Worth mounted police working the Republican convention in Ohio.

13723845_1023459694358190_1872759000401193724_o.jpg

kool69, jim stone and longing4sis like this.
  9. whenindoubtwhipitout

10. whenindoubtwhipitout

11. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

A lot longer than a New York minute. Things move a lot slower in the south.

Gentleman Jim

12. whenindoubtwhipitout

13. whenindoubtwhipitout

14. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt my neighbors are feeding ice cubes t o the chickens so he won't get hard boiled eggs.

15. whenindoubtwhipitout

16. whenindoubtwhipitout

17. whenindoubtwhipitout

18. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Back here in the Piney Woods we have our wood ape or Bigfoot. A group from Animal Planet came to Caddo Lake and did a program on what we call the Caddo Critter. I have not seen it but my departed wife told me that she had heard it. Several people have told me that they have seen it. Me I tend to think it is a native first nation shape shifter.
    This link is all the reports give to the wood ape conservancy. http://woodape.org/reports/report/county?county=Harrison&state=TX these are for just Harrison county where we live.#7 report is about 5 miles from the home place.

I have heard of the Lake Worth Monster. I have heard of several monster stories from in and around the Ft. Worth, Lake Worth, Eagle Mountain Lake area. I don't think it's from drinking too many Lone Star Beers either.

Gentleman Jim

whenindoubtwhipitout likes this.
  19. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

If it weren't for recent rains, we in VA would be in there as well. Though it's supposed to get back up there over the next 10 days, forecast for next Saturday is 95. The difference between Texas and Virginia? Virginia has all the humidity, lowest in the forecast that I'm seeing is 54% humidity next Sunday. Highest, 72% humidity on Tuesday and Thursday, with 88 and 87 for high temps respectively. Needless to say, I'm ready to get down to TX in a couple of weeks to cool off.

20. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Dracoa here is the link to the National Weather Service map click to the lake house. The report is from Marshall about 27 miles away but the humidity is always greater at the lake. Out in the hill country the humidity is always less. Here in the Piney Woods it's high. The Army Corp of engineers flood control reservoirs the rivers and bayous plus the many swamps and wetlands cause the high humidity. This part of Texas is stifling hot. Remember this part of Texas is like Minnesota south land of 10,000 lakes. DO NOT come to this part of Texas to cool off.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-94.09925981008892&lat=32.67617226629402#.V57gNHpOlpV

Gentleman Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.