1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

ANNA'S CANINE (DOG) PAGE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by annab2, Jul 23, 2015.

1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Oh no Walter,not this soon. :eek::p:)

annab2 likes this.
  2. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

'Fraid so Allison.....

Merry Xmas to you...:)

PS: can the mods possibly put up some xmas type emoticons..???

allison17 likes this.
  3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

;)

993_1000.jpg

4. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

5. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

K-9 CAPERS
    D56.jpg
    :);)

6. annab2

K-9 CAPERS
    D57.jpg

7. morganae

morganae New Member

Wolves aren't dogs. Any wolf you've been around has been near humans far too long. I've a few I've played with as well (nothing nasty!) rolling over for anyone is not wolf like behavior, especially on first introduction. I suspect what you saw was a husky or German Sheppard mix, they look a lot like wolves (sometimes shot due to the mistake) but they're dogs and act like them.

A wolf pup needs to be taken from the mother before it's 2 weeks old or the pup will be shy and will NOT want to be around people at all. Due to the young age they need to be bottle fed and handled properly, one screw up and you'll have a very unfriendly animal... there aren't second chances with a wolf pup, even a hybrid.

They have to have limited contact with other canines, no contact is really bad, so is a lot of contact. Without properly managed contact a wolf will direct all social behavior towards humans, this includes social aggression... which someone may not survive. It does need some contact so it can learn not to fear dogs and learn some of their behaviors.

A wolf is amazingly smart and constantly learning an analyzing situations. For instance, with a Dog you are dominant no matter what, if you're a jackass or even if you're sick and injured, you're still the Boss; this is not what happens with a Wolf. I wolf is always watching for an opportunity to better it's position in the pack, and yes, those that live with the wolf are the Pack. If you are sick, hurt or if anyone the wolf considers above him happens to be so, the Wolf will take the opportunity to express dominance. The age of the Wolf doesn't matter and there are instances that are well documented of this happening with animals as young as 2 and and old as 11 years!

A wolf will automatically check it's status against a new person. As far as the wolf is concerned, you have no standing. You're a stranger and often the reaction is less than friendly, at best the wolf may consider you as someone to watch. A wolf rolling over at first introduction is not going to happen. An "Alpha Male" isn't going to be in a home or in any other situation where you'd be happy to meet. The Alpha of a pack MUST be the human owners, anything else is going to be a disaster and cause the death and pain of the humans, especially if there are kids. The only way you'd encounter an Alpha of any pack is either in the woods or in a zoo. Anything else is either a Dog or what is called a "Wolfdog" which is a dog bred to appear wolf-like and are often mistaken for wolves, even by owners who think they have a wolf but were sold a pretty dog.

Of course what would I know? After all, it's not like I work with Wolves for a living... Oh wait, it is what I do! Sorry, forgot for a moment.

allison17, gowfanatic and annab2 like this.
  8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

9. annab2

Yes! You certainly are qualified to opine for Lupine family or Pack! I fully realize that what happened to me was an anomaly of Lupine behavior! I knew the owner, but as far as I know the animal was a full-blooded wolf, or possibly a wolf hybrid. This event happened a couple of years ago, and I didn't check the breeding paperwork. The owner told me that the incident had never, ever happened before. When I visited the owner last Spring, we talked about this aberration of wolf behavior, and I was informed, that it never happened with any other human, any time following my interaction on that initial meeting. Sadly, the county found out that MY FRIEND had the wolf on their property, and that the county confiscated the animal, and disposed of this creature after they bungled its capture. :);) (Don't be silly, Wolves are not Dogs!) ;) Everybody knows that! :)

Princess Amy and allison17 like this.
  10. annab2

"HAVE A HOLLY, JOLLY CHRISTMAS, THIS YEAR!" :);):D:rolleyes::p

Princess Amy and allison17 like this.
  11. annab2

PHUNNY POOCHIES
    D59.jpg

12. annab2

PHUNNIE POOCHIES
    D60.jpg

13. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

14. annab2

TETHERED FRIENDS
    D61.jpg

15. annab2

PET SOUNDS*
    (*With apologies to the Beach Boys)​
    D62.jpg

16. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

That young pup just though she or he wanted to go hunt some birds. Nice one Annab2.

annab2 likes this.
  17. Jam

Jam Trusted Member

I like some dogs not all

annab2 likes this.
  18. annab2

SILLY DOGS silly dogs
    D63.jpg

19. annab2