1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

#5 was about 1969, after several reports a cop reported the goatman threw a tire at him.
    #46, the F-16 line is just doing some foreign sales, the F-35 line is gearing up.

The Abrams tank was built in Ohio IIRC.

annab2 likes this.
  2. whenindoubtwhipitout

3. whenindoubtwhipitout

4. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Must be a Texan I got a A+ on the test. Ft. Worth is a place one needs to visit. Very easy to drive in. Avoid the interstates during rush hour. BTW a lot of the beer that is drank in Texas is made in Ft.Worth. Coors, Miller, and Bud all have facilities in the southeast part of the industrial complex. Love the Stock yard district and you owe it to yourself to tip a cold one at Billy Bob's. It was the original sales barn for the Ft. Worth stockyards. The show arena is still in the building big you bet it's big. Then go next door to the stock yard arena it's even bigger yet. The stock pens are still there but in disrepair. Plan on one afternoon to take even just part of it in.

Jim Stone

5. whenindoubtwhipitout

Miller / Coors is now one company. I live very close the local plant. Spencer Taylor had a string of great clubs in the 1970's. He was an original partner in Billy Bob's. The story I always heard was he had nothing until playing golf with someone he got to invest in original club, Spencer's Corner down on University by TCU. The wait for a beer in BB's is not long. Last I heard they had 42 bars inside the building.

6. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Last time I was there it took less than a minute for me to get one of the coldest PBR that I had ever had. Yes I think you are right you don't have to go far to find a bar in there.

Miller/Coors 's part of the Molson group a Canadian Brewer. Still like Pabst Blue Ribbon. Will drink Lone Star love Guinness but it is darn expensive. Not a beer snob like a cold beer on a hot day and a warm beer on a cold day. The rest of the time it's Even Williams Green label bourbon. My favorite as of late.

Jim Stone

7. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

I'll pass on beer. If I'm going to drink, I go for real alcohol.

8. whenindoubtwhipitout

9. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

There is a website I like, which the Texans here might enjoy, called 'Texas Gentleman'.

It is a random collection of images and sayings ... some sexy, some stylish ... many with a Texas theme.

[​IMG]

I hope y'all enjoy.

John

kool69 likes this.
  10. whenindoubtwhipitout

11. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

For Those Texans ...

There is a website created by a fellow called Sean de la Haye, called 'The Texan Canadian', which folks might like.

He lived in Sarnia, Ontario, then Edmonton, Alberta (it doesn't say on the site, but that sounds like following the oil industry) before moving to Lake Jackson, Texas. Then, he built the website to share his experiences here and there.

The site has lots of jokes and stories about Canada and the USA, as well as some games, and I like it.

Blog : http://www.texancanadian.com/

I think that it is a fun place, and I hope y'all enjoy.

John

12. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

13. whenindoubtwhipitout

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"

14. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

[​IMG]

John

kool69 likes this.
  15. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

[​IMG]

John

kool69 likes this.
  16. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

If I lived in Texas, I would for sure be getting one of these ...

[​IMG]

:) John

kool69 and londonboy49 like this.
  17. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Jingle Bells shotgun shells granny has a gun. Only in Texas!!! Move to Texas it don't hurt unless you try to change us. Then it may hurt really bad.

J.S.

18. whenindoubtwhipitout

19. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

I think Muff has got one .... :D

scouter_John likes this.
  20. whenindoubtwhipitout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.