1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Art I like

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

This one is not the enterprise and I don't remember it. Anyone know what it is from? It could have been in one of the movies but I don't recall it. :confused:

star_trek__enterprise_era_ship_by_paul_lloyd-d7rbxzq.jpg

luvintouch likes this.
  2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I love them. I think they nailed the crew down to a T. :)

luvintouch and Grumpy23 like this.
  3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I like star wars too and can't wait to see the new one but I will always favore Star Trek over Star Wars. I think it's the fact The Star Wars series were filmed backwards. Why they did that I have no idea? That and they did not have any Star Wars TV series.

luvintouch and Grumpy23 like this.
  4. Grumpy23

Grumpy23 Account Deleted

I think both franchises are quirky in their own ways. I tried to get into the original Star Trek series but couldn't get passed the pacing, set design, etc....but I think the new movies are top notch.

Almost completely opposite with Star Wars...I loved the originals in every way (except the Ewok dance party) but after the prequels came out my heart sank a bit....

...but both universes are too colorful to only be judged by the movies....novels, comics, animated series all make up for what the directors lacked in insight.

luvintouch likes this.
  5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Well I had to catch up on the originals via dvd because I wasn't around when star trek first started. I liked the Tv series but did not care for Piccard. Deep space 9 was ok and I enjoyed that. I couldn't get into Voyager that much because of captain Janeway. I'm not putting down my own kind but A star Ship captain should forever be a man thats all there is to it. :p

luvintouch likes this.
  6. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

Allison. I loved how the old TV show took us away, on a Friday night free from the humdrum, looking forward to the weekend, and let us imagine that the future shall be better than the past.

I may possibly be biased as a Canadian, and perhaps Jamie shall agree, but I thought that William Shatner, with all his swagger, was Captain James Tiberius Kirk.

Here is a nicely put together video, which I think that Jamie had earlier posted , combining a song with some excerpts ...

( By the way, William Shatner once played Shakespearian at the Straftord, Ontario festival.. )

John

luvintouch likes this.
  7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Kirk to me was the one and only Captain of the Enterprise,he was the man. :)

What I found out and many still do not know is Kirk and Uhura's kiss on National TV was the 1st ever interracial kiss on TV.

luvintouch and scouter_John like this.
  8. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

Thank you for a very fine catch regarding the kiss, Allison.

You know, I think that you contribute so very much to our group, and I certainly hope that one day Jamie will be allowed to add her contributions to yours, as well.

Best regards,

John

luvintouch and allison17 like this.
  9. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

10. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

She put herself around ...

[​IMG]

luvintouch and allison17 like this.
  11. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

Nicely put, London, and thank you.

John :)

luvintouch likes this.
  12. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

Getting things back to Allison's Art ...

[​IMG]

John

13. zvelickov

zvelickov Trusted.Member

14. zvelickov

zvelickov Trusted.Member

15. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

16. scouter_John

scouter_John New Member

17. ssgb1701

ssgb1701 New Member