1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

Join the queue .... ;)

jamie jackson likes this.
  2. jamie jackson

jamie jackson Trusted Member

Oh, Muff ...

Well, let's just say that the dance card of this 'empty nester' isn't exactly full of names these days.

And, if you must know, my muff hasn't dived in a while, either.

Crap, if this keeps up, I'll be as much of an underwater wreck as Texas !

(That last part was an affectionate joke ... dammit, I hope that it's getting better there.)

Bests,

Jamie

( PS ... Fuck, who let the London dog out ? He'll scare the sheep away ! )

3. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

Fort Worth Anglers Update : Catfish are good, Most around Henderson and 30. Crappie in the upper levels around 5th and Lamar. Sandbass are running Main St all the way to the stockyards. And the Large mouth bass up and down 7th street around University. The Hybirds are not biting as good as they were over the weekend. Night fishing reports have been great. Fish and Game have ask that there be no trolling down town until after 4:30 pm

longing4sis likes this.
  4. whenindoubtwhipitout

SRV statue emerging from Austin park....anyone that could play like that had to be able to walk on water.

22390_10204222356740852_7797373968550938163_n.jpg

kool69 likes this.
  5. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

Nah, I'm the good looking dog LoL :D

scouter_John likes this.
  6. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

SRV in my opinion could walk on water. Whenindoubt you will find me at 5th. and Lamar. Love them Crappie. Might set out a few trotlines for catfish. Cut bait or goldfish? Truth of the matter is right now is a great time to fish. The high water the bait fish move into shallow grassy areas and congregate in great numbers the bigger fish will come in right behind them to gorge on the easy meal. On our lake Parks and Wildlife ask us to stay off the lake to prevent damage to homes on the lake from wave action. That I can appreciate and don't want to cause any damage or have any happen to the cabin.

J.S.

longing4sis likes this.
  7. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Just looked at the weather and Dallas/Ft. Worth is getting hit again. Headed for us by tomorrow morning we should see more rain. Whenindoubt take care and stay dry.

J.S.

longing4sis likes this.
  8. whenindoubtwhipitout

Yup, raining for the past 45 minutes, seems to be slow moving. At least no high winds or cloud to ground lightning. Next thing will be West Nile virus, damn skeeters are getting worse. They closed most boat ramps on eagle Mountain and Lake Worth memorial day weekend to keep the wake out of the houses. I am on high ground so no flooding just saturation and green sidewalks.

longing4sis likes this.
  9. whenindoubtwhipitout

Well survived last night. 5-6" more rain. Daughters place bedroom floor is wet but beats a flash flood. No Rain in forecast Mon-Wed. 38" is the yearly average here. I watched it come in last night. Was going 40mph but when it got here it stopped and just dumped. Can't wait till Monday sun forecast. So far this month, enough rain has fallen to cover the entire state of Texas in 8 inches of water. This translates to 35 trillion gallons, according to the National Weather Service in Fort Worth. We still have Sat and Sun to go to close the month out.

11165045_10152975167826545_4344364789625506187_o.png

kool69 and longing4sis like this.
  10. whenindoubtwhipitout

11. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

That is a shit load of water but we still have two days left in the month and they are calling for some strong storms over the weekend. Yea for us.

12. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

It rain itself out and we only got a sprinkle here. They are forecasting more rain for the weekend. We have had enough it can turned off any time now.

J.S.

13. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Same here down around Houston. I have been watching the lake levels in Lake Travis and as about two week ago it was about 55 feet below full stage and as of May 29 it is 18 feet of being full.

14. whenindoubtwhipitout

Finally no rain.....now we can get back to SEX!

longing4sis likes this.
  15. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt wasn't it nice to have a day of sunshine. Water going down even garden drying a bit. Just let the dogs out and got to see the full moon. It was beautiful along with the stars. Made the lake look gorgeous with the moonlight shimmering on the water. Just hope and pray that we are back to normal.

J.S.

16. whenindoubtwhipitout

The lake flood gates are all open. Crest will be Friday. Those down stream of the Trinity may have 2 weeks more to deal with. The weather is great!

17. leftout4

leftout4 Trusted.Member

Well, they do, do things big in Texas.

18. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

And because they do things big in Texas, it going to take a while to drain all of that water out into the Gulf. Pity some of that water couldn't have been diverted over into California where they are having a drought..!!

Cheers

19. whenindoubtwhipitout

20. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

"It never rains in California....."

Isn't that how the song goes...??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.