1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

2. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

3. leftout4

leftout4 Trusted.Member

Tell you what, when them Texakins put in a boat ramp, there's no fuckin around.

4. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

5. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

You don't even want to see the boats we launch. The truck and boat is half the cost of most people's homes. Not really but most are very nice. I run little jib swamp boats to get into the back of the bayous and among the cypress trees. Yes I own 4 boats each one has it's use. I have a couple that I have hooked up solar panels on and that run on a battery powered motor. Lately with all this rain it hasn't been working out so well.

Today there was a tornado 5 miles from the house. We got another half inch of rain and more on the way. Lake cabin is in water again. Neighbor boy told me he went passed it and it was to the floor boards. Didn't have phone service or internet most of the day as lines are under water. Another neighbor came by to check on me after the storm. Told me he would pick up anything I needed in town and bring it by. We are a tough bunch to have to live like this. Thank God for cell phones and carrying neighbors.

God bless Texas

J.S.

whenindoubtwhipitout likes this.
  6. whenindoubtwhipitout

I have been on Eagle Mountain lake several times, Multi big bucks houses and boats ..if you can call anything over 35' a boat. Once saw one that had a mountain lion on a leash on deck.

7. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Yes got a invite to a party at the yacht club on Eagle Mountain. Big blowout and was I out of place. Birthday party for one of my musician friends. Those boats were worth more than my property. Some people have more money than sense.

J.S.

8. whenindoubtwhipitout

Yup, the mountain lion sighting was just off shore of the yacht club on the 4th of July when they fire them off over the boats. I have some family out there. Billy Bob Barnett was just down the street from them Now one of those Jonas brothers lives there. Yeah, truth be told overall I think there is more money in Fort Worth than Dallas but they seem to be a nicer bunch then our neighbors to the East.

9. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt was treated nice enough there. Just that a old Country Boy in jeans and Camo shirt didn't fit with the khaki pants and polo shirt crowd. Felt out of place as I was the poor country cousin. They could not have lived in my world of hard work and hunting and gathering. Clean me up and I could live in their world. Am sure I am happier than they. They spend their time trying to buy happiness I spend my time fulfilling mine. They spend time trying to impressing as many people as they can. I spend mine impressing myself not worrying about what others think. True Freedom.

Jim Stone

10. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

It actually made the news over here. It really is bad. Take care. :D

11. jamie jackson

jamie jackson Trusted Member

The soggy Texas rain weather may not be pretty, but the Texas Rain song is ...

Hang in there.

Jamie

12. whenindoubtwhipitout

Amazing performance. Breaks a guitar string on stage and he and his band never miss a beat!

13. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Just seen your great state on the news Jim......not looking to good and you've got more on the way. And other states to the north and north east look like having to be prepared for the other horror - Tornados. Going from one bloody extreme to the other.

But I'd say that if you are a true Texan - then you'll keep your head up and overcome these problems. Been that way for most of Texas' life. A tough life = a tough people.

Cheers.

whenindoubtwhipitout likes this.
  14. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Might be the last post for awhile. Storm about half hour away. To be bad again expect to lose electricity , phone, and internet. This is to be a stem winder(a bad storm). Tornadoes, hail, heavy rain, and flash floods. Have put up a gallon of ice , twenty gallons of drinking water, brought up two gas cans under the wood shed. Got out some beef jerky and canned chicken, baked two loaves of bread . Feel like I am prepared. Radar looks bad. Going to turn off the computer turn on the weather radio, read a book, smoke my pipe, and drink some tea. I will ride this one out one more time.

Later gator

Jim Stone

Akbloke and jamie jackson like this.
  15. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

The storm just passed here. Still a lot of lightning. That was a lot of water.

16. whenindoubtwhipitout

It passed through Fort Worth about 3pm. The storm itself wasn't too bad just more water that we do not need right now. The spillway at lake Texoma was built partially by German POW's back in the 1940's. Water is over the spillway now for only the 4th time since it was built.

17. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

We are getting a second hit in Houston.... we have severe flooding right now

18. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Just watched the news again.....one place had water rise 26 ft in 1 hour. Damn that's a shitload of water. Sure do hope that you Texans on here are doing ok.

Cheers

19. jamie jackson

jamie jackson Trusted Member

TexasJ, we get regular updates here in Toronto (which we up here really do pronounce 'Trawna' - thought you'd appreciate that ).

Here is a recent article from my favourite local tabloid :

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/2...during-rescue-as-floods-menace-oklahoma-texas

Hang in there, guys ... it will pass.

Jamie

scouter_John likes this.
  20. Jerriswife

Jerriswife Account Deleted

You Texans are indeed a hearty bunch but I'm glad we left when we did. Tornadoes AND flooding of biblical proportions? No freakin' way.

jerrilynn and Grizzly Bear78 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.