1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerriswife

Jerriswife Account Deleted

She also told me that the only beer worse then Lone Star was Iron City only because the shits that came with Iron City were worse.:cool:

jerrilynn likes this.
  2. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

Thank you, Jim. If the midwest is tornado alley then N. Alabama would be tornado side street or something. I survived 3 close brushes with tornadoes, including one where I knew we were going to die. That "freight train" sound is something I will never forget and the feeling of having your air "sucked out of you" is scary. I know hurricanes/tropical storms can hang around for a long time but they are far more predictable and easy to plan for. Tornadoes strike quickly, are unpredictable and can turn around and take a 2nd run at you. Even with modern technology, you can't predict beyond a few minutes what they will do. I'll take a hurricane any day. While I haven't been through one, I have a friend who hunkered down for Charlie when it hit Naples, Fl. I have "done" several tropical storms no problem.
    I have been told that myfear is irrational, and it probably is but that's how I am. And having to live with that fear on a daily basis (lately, anyway) is not helpful to my lupus. The emotions sometimes trigger an autoimmune response.

jamie jackson and Jerrisgirl like this.
  3. fang1

fang1 New Member

Fond memories.

4. jamie jackson

jamie jackson Trusted Member

Oh my goodness, it seems that a Canadian might have just fallen in love with about a texillion of Texans.

( Okay, it's only about a handfull, but you know how those Texans exaggerate. )

Anyways, apparently one of them has found a map ...

texas_canada.jpg

Yep, critical thinking at its best ... nice going guys, eh ?

:) Jamie

5. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

Nice to see Texas is snuggled into the busom of Canada. Nice busom Jamie.

Muff

6. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Jerrilynn once you hear that freight train you never forget it. Know exactly what you mean. The ones that took a run at me only took one run. Yes northern Alabama is part of the tornado belt. One of the most deadly storms we have had this last five years were the Yazoo City, Mississippi outbreak. One thing to keep in mind is that a hurricanes can spawn tornadoes. Tornadoes are indigenous to the central part of the U.S of A. They are caused by cold air comes off the Rockies Mountains mixing with warn moist air from the gulf of Mexico. Have had to study this as I am part of the skywarn system.

When Rita moved over me the eye passed directly over my place. I was without power for three days. Ivan four . When the eye crossed it was strange in that the sun came out,the wind calmed down, we though it was over in about another hour it started up with a vengeance. Took the top of one of my trees out . Tore the roof off a porch down the road tossed it about a block ripped up a few trees by their roots and dumped six inches of rain. My place looked like a drowned rats nest. Took a week of hard work to get it back in shape. I went thru 30 gallons of fuel to keep the freezers and ice box cold. Ivan was more of the same with more rain. These passed few years we haven't had any hurricanes which suits me fine. Don't care to go thru another. Know that I will.

Jamie just about right anything north of Oklahoma is just below the tree line.

J.S.

jamie jackson and Jerrisgirl like this.
  7. jamie jackson

jamie jackson Trusted Member

Well, it has been a while since this thread was awakened, and there's nothing like some good bathroom noise to do it.

You see, there's this fellow called Dale Ross, who just happens to be the Mayor of Georgetown, Texas.

And in that job, he attends many Council meetings ... and some of them last long ... so sometimes nature calls ... and when a guy's gotta go ...

He could at least turn off his damn microphone while he's doing it !

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...uses-bathroom-forgets-to-turn-his-6240841.php

Oh my ... I don't think that I've ever heard a ten gallon pee before.

:)

Jamie

scouter_John likes this.
  8. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

She should have yelled out "pinch it off at the first soft spot".

longing4sis likes this.
  9. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Yes embarrassing to say the least. As they say Only in Texas. No better place for a person to make a fool out of themselves than in public.

J.S.

10. whenindoubtwhipitout

Well there was a 4.0 earthquake 3 hours ago....presently we have severe T-storms and tornadoes moving through. A gas well in Denton just got hit by lightning and blew up. Fortunately the closest gas well to me is probably 3/4 of a mile. Only in Texas......got to love it though.

11. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt did you feel it?? Heard about the shaking have a little fault south of us at Timpson. If it goes off it is a 2.0 or less. I am a little luckier than you. Nearest oil/gas well to us is about 2 miles away. Lightning usually strikes out in the lake in the cypress trees.

J.S.

12. whenindoubtwhipitout

Felt very little of it. A couple years ago we had a 2.7 that was centered about 5 miles away. Sounded like a fast moving freight train in the distance and when it hit it felt like a truck hit the house. No shaking, just a quick hit. More like the worst sonic boom ever. I sold my mineral rights a few years ago and used part of it on a PTR91GI. Natural thing for a Texican to spend gas money on if ya ask me...

canvas.png

13. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Sweet!!!!!!

J.S.

14. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Well just got the garden almost planted and got very heavy rain. Hopefully it will not hurt the bedding plants which I am most concern about. About 4a.m. We had a big thunderstorm move thru it dumped 6 inches of rain. Then about 6:00 p.m. we got more rain. Looks like it will keep on raining the rest of the night. At least we are getting enough moisture this year. Feast or famine in Texas.

J.S.

15. whenindoubtwhipitout

16. whenindoubtwhipitout

17. whenindoubtwhipitout

18. whenindoubtwhipitout

19. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Where do I get one of those shirts? Need a half dozen for the summer. New official shirt for the uniform of the day. Levi boot cut jeans , cowboy boots, that shirt, and hat. Belt with western buckle and some bling. That will work.

J.S.

jamie jackson likes this.
  20. whenindoubtwhipitout

It is from a Facebook page "Texas Forever", I have requested from them their web page address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.