1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what's the last movie you've seen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thattechguy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

damn good movie was it not.

Lord_Eldritch likes this.
  2. Princess Amy

Left Behind

The first movie made from this material was all about the Anti-Christ taking over the UN. This one's about landing a plane.

3. Princess Amy

10,000 Days

Let me first start off by saying WOW!!! I do not mean that in a good way either. There are soooo many things I could put down about this movie, but I won't. A few things I will throw out were the horrible fight scenes that you could obviously tell were soooo fake that at times you could see that the other person didn't even touch them, yet they fall down. SMH!!! and the background they used to give off the whole frozen world....SOOOOOOO freaking noticeable that its some kind of green screen or background prop. I mean come on people... At least try to make it look believable. I just sat and watch because I got bored....Won't ever do that again. 2 stars TOPS!!!

4. Princess Amy

Annabelle

So many horror films turn on depictions of maternal neuroses. They place their female characters in worlds where every other being — real, imagined, or somewhere in between — has staked a claim on their young children. Maybe the elemental nature of the bond between mother and child inspires these stories. Or maybe it's just an easy shortcut to grabbing our attention: Who, after all, is more worth protecting than a mother and her baby? Who is somehow both more vulnerable and more willing to fight back?
    That’s a pretty familiar setup, and Annabelle is a pretty familiar movie. Too familiar. After a couple of possessed cultists attack the pregnant Mia (Annabelle Wallis) at home and some Jiffy-Pop popcorn almost causes the house to burn down (hey, it happens!), she and her husband John (Ward Horton) move to an apartment, at which point the real fun starts. Eventually, it becomes clear that there are demonic spirits who have eyes for the couple’s newborn daughter, Leah, and they’re playing off the mother’s protective instinct to try and convince her to give the child to them. Because that’s what evil spirits do.
    Annabelle starts off confidently. Director John R. Leonetti was the cinematographer of The Conjuring and the Insidious films, and he knows how to use the camera in unexpected ways. In The Conjuring, the camera followed the characters with a genuinely unnerving persistence; here, it makes a couple of effective early efforts to play with perspective and limited sight lines. An early scene involving a brutal crime at a neighbor’s house, seen through a distant window from an adjoining house, is appropriately terrifying.
    But while there are other decent chills scattered here and there — one in particular involving a stalled elevator — what we mostly get in Annabelle is what we’ve gotten from so many other horror films: creaking floors, funky white-robed figures, home appliances that go off on their own, mysterious writing that shows up in mysterious places. It’s all repetitive and tired — like discarded ideas from a better horror movie. Even Annabelle the doll seems mostly cursory to the horror at hand; besides, of course, the obligatory zooms into its creepy face as the soundtrack quavers and groans with atonal strings.
    What’s worse, the film does nothing with that aforementioned maternal instinct, even though it keeps referencing it. We keep waiting for Mia to turn the tables, to fight back, to protect her child, but she’s mostly helpless. The movie is an endless series of sufferings, tied together loosely with a tired reiteration of the usual mumbo-jumbo about demonic possession and whatnot. So much so that I felt bad for these actors playing the couple. As Mia, Annabelle Wallis suffers nobly, while Ward Horton, who will one day surely win an Oscar for The Daniel Tosh Story, spends most of the movie running to the rescue.
    Familiarity is not always a bad thing, though. The Conjuring breathed new life into old clichés; it showed that those creaking doors and possessed closets and white-robed figures still had the power to scare us. But that was a movie made with sensitivity and purpose. The blunt, lifeless Annabelle, on the other hand, sucks that life right back out.

5. sillie

sillie Trusted Member

I just watched "The Suspect (2013)" korean movie. It's like a mix of Taken and Bourne Identity.

6. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

It's funny that Nosferatu comes up. Next year if/when I do what I'm doing now for work (amusement park, scare people, get paid), I plan on asking if they can make me a Nosferatu-esque vampire. I talked to a couple of the guys in the area I would be in if I can, and they thought it was a good idea.

7. Princess Amy

if you do send me a pic ok.

8. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

It'll be a year if I do, but no problem. :)

9. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

Movie: The Hallelujah Trail 1965-----Burt Lancaster, Lee Remick

10. Princess Amy

cool

11. Princess Amy

John Wick

John Wick's greatest strength is its relentless momentum. The film doesn't have a lot of down time. It offers occasional breaks, including some amusing scenes that take place in a hotel where guests aren't allowed to "talk business." (Breaking that rule, it turns out, can have serious consequences.) For the most part, however, John Wick knows what it is and is unapologetic about it. This is a kick-butt action film with no pretensions of being anything else.

Neophyte likes this.
  12. Xemplify

Xemplify Trusted Member

Lucy. It was horrid.

Iron Man 3 was good. Cant wait for Avengers 2!

13. no_name

no_name Trusted Member

Kung Fu Panda.

It really beat my expectations, had thought it was just a comedy. I even went and got part 2 after that.

*"Skadoosh"*

Neophyte likes this.
  14. Xemplify

Xemplify Trusted Member

This show is fucking awesome!!! I can not wait for series 2!

15. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

Pumpkinhead. Awesome movie with an actual moral.

Xemplify likes this.
  16. Xemplify

Xemplify Trusted Member

Is that the horror flick? I was just talking about it on Halloween. It used to scare the Christ out of me as a child.

jerrilynn likes this.
  17. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

yes it is. Still pretty creepy

18. no_name

no_name Trusted Member

They kinda botched the ending though, if they ever continue with season 2 they'll have to redo the ending of the last episode all over again.

19. Xemplify

Xemplify Trusted Member

Season 2 is due in April

20. Pdiso82282

Pdiso82282 Trusted Member

Lucy, wasn't that great