1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Optical illusions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slisse, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG]

Brutus58, oldman681 and Akbloke like this.
  2. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

Not an optical illusion... just a Russian car that's been slammed (extremely lowered by altering suspension primarily and other parts of a vehicle).

Known locally as заниженый таз (zanizhenyy taz), Google translated it as "low pelvis", it's just an extreme form of lowering a car...

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Insp Gadget

That is sooo cool - Thanks !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

SecretWishes likes this.
  4. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

And how well does it take going over speed bumps in the road...? I know that my standard 528i Motorsport doesn't like them, and it has slightly more clearance.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  5. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

I can see an accident about to happen if the driver following diverts his attention from the road for too long....LOL

6. SecretWishes

That depends on the suspension, if they're smart, it'll be an airbag suspension where the vehicle can drop down like you see, then fill the bags with air and raise it to a more practical level. Purge the bags again to drop the car.

7. Insp Gadget

So I looked it up, and this is apparently a slammed Lada Samara -

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and oldman681 like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brutus58, slisse, Akbloke and 2 others like this.
  9. David.A.A.

David.A.A. Trusted Member

Those are pretty trippy.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  10. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

11. leftout4

leftout4 Trusted.Member

So, just how would you throw a dollar bill at that ??

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

13. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]
    Telephoto-lens
    [​IMG]
    Wide angle
    [​IMG]
    Telephoto-lens
    [​IMG]
    Wide angle

14. Insp Gadget

Okay, smarty-pants, whatcha-think's going on here ?

[​IMG]

Now, I'll confess to be watching a whole-lot'a creative NASCAR racing lately (great stuff, some wonderful engineering teamwork there, btw imho) and my sources for pic stuff are okay, and this system seems well thought out. And those things look like Oreos.

So ... passing the mike over ... :)

Brutus58 and oldman681 like this.
  15. SecretWishes

"smarty-pants"...? I hope you mean that in a good way... I apologize if you don't...

But to answer your challenge:

It's a very decorative wheel meant to look like a planetary gear system. It's all cosmetic... but fun to look at. I MIGHT consider using them if the "Oreos" were better decorated and the "carrier plate" didn't pop out from around the planet gears (the Oreos).

The big "giveaway" is that the sun gear (center gear), the carrier plate (spokes), and the ring gear (rim) are all one piece. Zoom in on the edges of the gears and you won't see a separation of the parts.

16. Insp Gadget

Are you kidding - this is great ! Thanks - how the heck do you know all this stuff ?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. SecretWishes

I stopped learning about celebrities and their drama and focused on learning everything else (tools, engineering, medical, etc.)

The problems/drama of a celebrity don't help me in any way except POSSIBLY thinking that my life is less messed up than theirs. Couple that with the fact that MOST of the "reality" TV shows about said celebrities are staged and frequently rehearsed, they hold nothing for me to gain except stress and gossip (which encourages talking behind people's backs)...

Long story short, the true optical illusion to me is that society has a firm grasp of what it is doing/where it is going...

I know I don't, but I'm not going out of my way to be "knowledgeable" about a celebrity and their "real" problems...

YIKES! I'm getting political... My bad...

But I do look for something to learn every day. Even if it is a little fact, if it is something that helps somebody else in any way/shape/form, then it's at least learning it's surface information... if it becomes relevant to me, then learn it in more depth.

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and leftout4 like this.
  18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Pull up to it at a red light.

I see that someone is going to use a bale of hay to cover my body in that hole which will become my grave.

Someone stole my idea for my transmission!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2020
    Insp Gadget likes this.
  19. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

oldman681, Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  20. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

Thick 'ole me .... but surely they would work against each other :eek:

Insp Gadget likes this.