1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. tom7

tom7 Account Deleted

wow, nasty......

2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Not really. These self-righteous liberals hate themselves, all the people of the world, and everything
    Godly and good.

They are hypocrites to the max. They claim to love all the life in the world except mankind.
    All the while they favor abortion (they hate the unborn because the unborn are more of mankind),
    but yet they claim they want the best for all.

They are against God. They refuse to accept we are here because of God. They believe in evolution
    and say that mankind is a blight on the Earth. If they truly believe in evolution, then we are here because
    of the Earth. See the hypocrisy?

So I just call them out on it. If they hate humans and want them gone from the Earth, they should
    follow their beliefs and volunteer to stand for their beliefs by being an example.

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Tom7,
    I don't know you but since you are a trusted member on here, I'm assuming
    you're a decent, open minded guy. Part in part because of the nature of this forum.
    ID has very open-minded members, both liberal and conservatives to the fact that
    family physically loving family is not perverse but another expression of love.

It also is an extremely diverse topic forum, such as this thread here.

But I needed to call you out and maybe hope that you'll see what you wrote is
    an exact example of the twisted logic of the liberal left.

I call it twisted logic, not because there is a shred of logic to their thinking, but in
    the fact they 'believe' how they think is logical.

4. tom7

tom7 Account Deleted

i know and understand that a forum such as this is wide open to criticism and people may react differently to one another.
    i accept your interpretation and respond openly to you.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Do remember in 1070 the "experts" were telling us to get ready for a new 'Ice-Age' that would start by 2000?

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I trust that the date you gave was supposed to be 1970. As I recall the Battle of Hastings was in 1064 and I don't think anyone was concerned about global temperatures back then. (HEHEHE and a smiley emogi)

Dane likes this.
  8. Hans101

Hans101 Trusted.Member

Tyrants will always find a pretext for their tyranny.

Dane, jillicious and Brutus58 like this.
  9. pacmanflynn

pacmanflynn Trusted Member

Exactly.

The current global warming scam is nothing but an excuse by corrupt governments to more heavily tax the western world. A favorite quote from someone I respect is "man has neither the power to save the Earth or destroy the Earth".
    I believe this wholeheartedly.

I also remember well in the '70's liberals droning on about the coming ice age, that by the 90's we were all doomed. How Lake Erie was dying and full of poison and garbage. All because of bad, bad, bad humans.

10. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Back in the 80's/90's, they told us that climate change was so bad, that we'd be under water by now. Now the same people are saying we only have 12 years before the world ends. You'll excuse me for being skeptical.

11. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

1066 was the year of the Battle of Hastings. 1070 was when Hereward the Wake and Robin Hood entered London and established the English Republic.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  12. aspringin

aspringin Trusted Member

I'm a physicist, I don't need to believe in climate change. I understand the mechanisms involved (orbital dynamics, absorption and emission spectra, albedo effects, etc). The climate has always been changing, but there is a difference between that happening with and without human interference. There have always been changes to the climate due to natural events (Volcanoes, changes in the orbit, ...), but that doesn't change the fact that humanity burning carbon fuels to increase the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere by 50% is going to have consequences. "The climate has always been changing" as a defense against the charge that humanity is changing earth's climate is about as useful as "People die all the time" is as a defense against charges of murder. It's about who is doing it and whether they can stop doing it. And none of that changes the fact that the climate actually is changing and that most coastal cities will have huge issues with flooding, that a lot of the poorest regions in the world are turning into deserts, and all the other nasty effects. The planet will obviously survive this, there have been much bigger changes to its climate in the past. That's not the problem. The problem isn't even that the climate is changing. The problem is that we've dumped so much CO2 into the atmosphere that it is changing too fast. Our global civilisation won't have enough time to adapt to these changes quickly enough. If the sea levels are going to rise by a couple of metres until 2100, the major cities of the planet will be prone to flooding. Some of the most populated areas are going to become close to uninhabitable, which means the people living there are going to stop living there. As they aren't going to just fall over and die, they will go to live someplace else. Chances are, other people are already going to live there, which means you get all the problems with immigration and the political battles surrounding it ramped up by orders of magnitude. When you sprinkle on top of that shit sandwich that some of the most fertile regions for crops will stop being that, and that amped up weather events, huge migration, and civil wars fought over scarce water supplies for an increasing population will disrupt the global economy, you can have maybe some idea about what's to come. Dante says hello.
    What infuriates me most about this whole affair is that the people who are right now resisting the drive to at least stop accelerating climate change will die before the shit really hits the fan, but they won't die fast enough to let those who have some idea of what's coming, are working to adapt societies, and are implement policies to reduce carbon output, actually take the wheel.

13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You state that the problem is we're dumping CO2 too quickly into the atmosphere. I can agree with that, but the major problem, I believe, a lot of people have is that the governments want to tax everyone without using the proceeds to help stop the dumping by investing in more eco-friendly production.
    This whole bullshit of "Carbon Credits" is just another example of greed of our elected leaders and those in power in other countries.
    We need to adapt, not terra-form the planet by stopping climate change. By adapt, I mean both change what we are doing and preparing for the future.
    Lining the coffers of the governments won't change anything but make us all a bit more poorer.

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Emag1012

Emag1012 Trusted Member

I think there is a misunderstanding here about carbon credits. Carbon credits were developed under what is now known as The Paris Climate Agreement. No individual country has control over the regulation of emissions trading under the Paris Agreement. Carbon credits are not bad in any sense. The systems for regulating the exchanges may be inept but the concept of carbon credits should not be associated with such ineptitude.

Deuces,
    E.

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. BeLike

BeLike Trusted Member

The Earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, lizards are in control of the government, vaccinations turn frogs gay, and chemtrails did seven-eleven.
    I've got my own science, with blackjack, and hookers. The only thing I can't explain is why goat offspring love the taste of Applejacks... they don't even taste like apples!

See, the thing is, when you're aa certain level of crazy, or a certain level of stupid, your sub-conscience gets to make up it's own logic.

glass_skull likes this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

OOOOPPPPPSSSSS!!! I got the date wrong, but I was close. Not to bad for an American.

17. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Do I think claimate change is happening? Yes, I do.

Do I think its caused by humans or atleast contributed to it? No, and yes.

BUT!

I personaly think we are still on infancy of understanding HOW our planet works. Whole thing seems to be bit more complicated than green-house gases, Greta "i'm spoiled Tool for leftist communism and didn't get hugged as child" Thunberg and human contribution.

Heres a clip from YouTube that show how little we trully know. There is plenty of things in internet that pretty much shows that its bit More than media lets on.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Brutus58 and Calist like this.
  18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Appearently this is a well researched and thought out presentation. Those who truly think humans are responsible for global warming should watch and listen to this.

19. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

If you are meaning the YouTube clip, Anton Petrov is amazing about bringing latest Science studies and research about bigger scale things.

Also, not until this side of millenia theres never been as much of deep studies of causes of climate change. As technology has progressed so is the research so it wouldn't be bit of suprise that in next ten years everything we knew about such things has been rewritten.

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

That's assuming that in ten years, there's anyone left who knows how to write.

Brutus58 likes this.