1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

What could go wrong?

No planes, trains or autos
    Move product across the sea by wind
    Horse and buggy for freight
    No more energy grid

Let's all go back to the dark ages, literally

m0use_, Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  2. Goaks

Goaks Trusted Member

as someone said, change is the only constant in the universe. So, yes climate change is real & its ugly face(global warming) is being accelerated/stoked by human consumerism.

we can adapt to the changing scenarios but should also curtail non-recyclable materials.
    as average age of mankind has increased & there are too many people on the planet fighting for finite amount of resources, it is prudent to make optimal use of every product before throwing it in garbage.

recycling/reusing should be the motto

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Humanity is flat out fighting nature for mere profit, we shouldn't be surprised when nature hits back.

capcajun likes this.
  4. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Always was curious what makes Trump tick, now he is backing the anti abortionists, for getting their votes.
    He should be impartial, not dividing the country.
    To me he is just another mentally corrupt bastard.
    I hope karma will bite him on the ass.

5. Daddydaughter69

Daddydaughter69 New Member

Of course it's real. Why do scientists need to make this up. Rich Presidents friends own all the coal companies contributing greatly to it. I'm not a fan of either party.

6. cuzluster

cuzluster Trusted.Member

I believe that people are making a lot of money out of the whole thing.

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. Colwyndad

Colwyndad Account Deleted

I'm a firm believer in the fact that the earth goes through cycles of global warming then cooling, look at all the ice ages throughout history. Mankind may have accelerated its natural cycle with industry but it's as inevitable as death you can't stop it or change the results all we can do is work to survive it, or wait for the ancient alien god's to come and save us lol

8. Sarac

Sarac New Member

I believe in climate change because it has always changed before humans existed. climate change maybe a little faster these days. but do the researchers know really how much human influence it

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

No, they don't really know, that's why most climate scientist are not on the Chicken Little Bandwagon.
    The ones screaming we have to change the weather, for the most part, have zero formal education in climatology.

10. LAS2

LAS2 Trusted Member

Climate change is real,but only marginally by humans . This planet has been around a lot longer than humans. Records show lots of BIG changes in the past. Some quite catastrophic.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  11. gdoe

gdoe Trusted Member

I think that climate change is real and a problem, but not so much as the news drives.

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. DH Harr

DH Harr Trusted Member

*sips another glass of wine while reading your post*

[edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2020
  13. BananaPiranha

BananaPiranha Trusted Member

With so much scientific evidence, it's moronic not to believe in it

14. xengo

xengo Trusted Member

The change will happen

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

My question is why do politicians think they can stop climate change of we just give them all of our money? It seems rather ludicrous that money hungry politicians have the ability to stop it all... they just need your money.

Brutus58 likes this.
  16. Calist

Calist Account Deleted

I do believe in climate change. Climate has always been changing and it will always be changing.

I don't believe that mankind is responsible for climate change.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  17. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

Humans can increase or decrease the rate of climate change. But they can't STOP it. Climate has always been changing. You want a place with no climate change, go to Luna. There is no climate change there. Because there is no climate. On Mars we have climate change. We are trying to warm it up. It's almost as cold as North Dakota in the winter here.

Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  18. tom7

tom7 Account Deleted

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realised that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

Not saying this will be part of our future history, but part of a wider revolution/evolution, of how man will eventually multiply even further and habit other systems around our galaxy. nothing is enough for our species, we have to always look further into our own mind to understand, were we are right now and where we will be in our future.

climate is always changing, but given our knowledge and understanding of how, human civilisations lived and prospered in our past history, till they all disappeared, we should look into our future and be prepared to face all out comes of what we sowed and reaped in our past.

19. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Thats a fair assesment. Climate is always changing. Think of it as the planet trying to maintain a state of equilibrium. Sometimes an event occurs that impacts the climate, usually temporarily. Volcanic eruptions for example. Or longer term ELEs, like the Yucatan comet strike. The dinosaurs had a bad forever. The human race is an "event". We can, and have been, manipulating those factors that effect climate. Mostly without knowing we were doing it, and now that we do know, willfully ignoring the implications. How we proceed from here will determine whether we have a "blip" or an ELE.
    Either way, the planet could care less. It will adjust and repair itsself, we just probably won't be around to see it.

As to Luna, no thanks. Real estate might be cheap but theres no waterfront properties to speak of..

A tip for staying warm on Mars - don't stand up.

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

What is the best way to eliminate a virus? answer: kill and eliminate it.
    So if you think mankind is a virus, do your part to stop it and stand behind your word. Kill yourself and have preparations made to be eliminated.

Tycho and Calist like this.