1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Forum Changes January 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

On January first these changes were made.

Three new forums added to the forum.

A frequent complaint by members was that non-incest content was intermingled in the "incest" forums. In early 2018 most "incest" forums were split into two companion forums, one for "incest" and one for "other". Staff then moved the non-incest content to the new forum. At that time no mixed content was found in three forums so companion forums were not created at that time. Based on suggestions from members these three companion forums were created.​

Other Videos (companion to Incest Videos)
    Real Other Experiences (companion to Real Incest Experiences)
    Other Advice (companion to Incest Advice)​

Story Forums

The story forums are intended for fictional content only, but staff is frequently dealing with non fiction content. The forum description does describe this: "[Members Only] This section for the posting of FICTIONAL ****** stories. Age 1x+ only.". to make it clearer I added (fiction only) to the forum titles.​

Change in Post Requirement for Trusted Status

When the forum required 15 posts and 45 days it was much easier for staff to identify the trolls, creeps, pedos, and advertisers. As the requirements were slowly reduced to the current 5 posts and 10 days, these individuals also became better at hiding their intentions. Although more moderators were added it eventually became apparent that we needed to increase the probationary period, the post count, or both. I decided that we would start with post count only and see what happens.

Ideally, this change would have only affected new members. Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't work that way. Because it would affect trusted members I did post a warning in September, October, November, and December so that trusted members could add posts before January. Based on the large increase in postings it appears that very few took preemptive action.​

2. idol02

idol02 Trusted.Member

Thanks for the update clarification. You guys do great work managing this site, thanks for the time and efforts all the Mods put into maintaining this terrific site.

curiousFred, TriadSibling and slisse like this.
  3. vjagan

vjagan Trusted.Member

Thanks for the relentless service rendered non stop ..,

curiousFred and motherlover51 like this.
  4. Mario2602

Mario2602 Account Deleted

Good decision. Unfortunately I don't post that much. My English language skills refer to Pennsylvania Dutch at mosto_O

curiousFred likes this.
  5. WillowWindu

WillowWindu Trusted Member

I wasn't able to get on until today actually finding a direct link to the forum as my old links now redirect to ads..

curiousFred likes this.
  6. medo

medo Trusted Member

thanks for update

curiousFred likes this.
  7. junglecruiser

junglecruiser Trusted Member

Thanks for the update. I should have paid better attention earlier.

curiousFred likes this.
  8. junglecruiser

junglecruiser Trusted Member

It seem like a bother to those of us that infrequently post, but I appreciate it will serve to improve the content. Thanks!

ornery, Noname401 and curiousFred like this.
  9. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Ideally the forum software would have a "promote only" option for upgrades but it doesn't, it's only "promote & demote".

The change had no effect on the occasional or active posters, only the lurkers and a few new members.
    The vast majority of lurkers made 5 posts then never posted again.

The biggest impact is on forum staff. They have to deal with the questions caused because the lurkers ignored the multiple announcements posted since September. I wasn't really too concerned about inconveniencing the lurkers because they really add nothing constructive to a forum.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Djole, i hrt strs and curiousFred like this.
  10. isherwood69

isherwood69 Trusted Member

Hello. I must have missed some excitement here. I kept getting an incomplete access portal when I attempted to log in. I am GLAD you are keeping a tight reins on things It it is always for the better to occasionally clean things up!

curiousFred likes this.
  11. Sprawl86

Sprawl86 Trusted Member

Dang i dont post much and it got me ill have to post a little more i guess lol

12. g.rett

g.rett Trusted Member

An incentive to post more

13. tamcm

tamcm Trusted Member

Noted with thanks

14. Ifonly555

Ifonly555 Trusted Member

Unfortunately I now realise I was classed as a "lurker". I made my five posts then stopped. I don't tend to post a
    Lot on any the forums I'm on but I know understand I need to participate more in the community. My apologies.

15. imunderher

imunderher Mommy's Boy

I am new but am very impressed so far with the commitment to protecting the community. Hopefully I will prove worthy to be included!

16. Holy Deviant

Holy Deviant Trusted Member

Got demoted so now I can't even view my own albums :( time to post some more lol

17. ISLAYDRAKYD

ISLAYDRAKYD Trusted Member

18. needmombad

needmombad Trusted Member

Sorry for being a lurker. Never had anything to add to people lucky enough to actually experience this stuff.

19. yhhhy

yhhhy Trusted Member

Thanks

20. tulouse

tulouse Trusted Member

Thanks I still came late to the party though. No harm, no foul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.