1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Incest and the Bible

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by TriadSibling, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

This thread is a response to a caption done by @whitecoffee1 and I didn't want to divert his caption thread to mention it, so I'm posting it here:

There's a lot of incest in the bible, actually. Although it depends on how you look at it.

Adam and Eve is the perfect example, right out of Genesis. So, God makes Adam (note: not the first and only man on Earth at the time, that's a misconception), and then makes Eve to be his wife. But, see, he made Eve with a rib from Adam, so even under today's definition, that's technically deriving genetic material from a host, and that makes Adam (in addition to God I guess) Eve's father - again, by today's legal definitions.
    Obviously, Adam and Eve had sex, so that's pretty obviously incest from that perspective.
    On another perspective, you might consider Eve his sister, because God is their father. Technically, by Bible definitions; we are all brothers and sisters in some way or another, especially under God - our father. So, even from a spiritual point of view; incest.
    Then there's the view that doesn't involve the idea of incest, purely out of idealism; Taking at face value, that Eve was not related (she was) to Adam, despite today's definitions of relation, despite the bible saying we're all brothers and sisters (in christ/holy spirit/whatever). The one where people say she was simply his wife (and that's perfectly fine). But in my opinion, taking that stance leads to a lot of discrepancy and contradiction.

Along the same note is the scientific position of the most-common matron/patron. I can't remember where I saw it, might have been on here, and for the life of me, I cannot find anything on it. But science has traced a large portion of today's genealogical ties to a single woman. In other words; when you go out on that date this friday, chances are, you're about to fuck a very distant relative. Incest in an accepted, and unknown form.

So, incest is literally everywhere.

Thoughts?

2. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

3. TriadSibling

Brutus58 and whitecoffee1 like this.
  4. whitecoffee1

I see the bible (as well as other "holy scriptures") as pure fiction. I am not denying the existance of the people who wrote those scriptures.

--------

Incest is described as sexual intercourse between close relatives.

Being related to some-one basicially means you have 1 or more things in common, and the more things you have in common, the closer you are related to someone.

The closest you can be related to some-one would be your identical twin. (You came from the same egg-cell, have the same parents, share a common grandfather, you are both mammals .... and so one.

If we take this definition of "being related" further:

- We are related to gorillas, because we are both primates
    - We are related to dogs, because we are both mammals
    - We are related to crocodiles, because we are both vertebrates
    - We are related to bees, because we are both animals
    - We are related to spruce trees, because we are both eukaryotes.

-------

Creationist Kent Hovind once said that evolution is not true, because we will never see dog giving birth to a non-dog, because he either has no clue about evolution, or denies it to remain a creationist.

Evolution is a very slow an gratual process as a mentioned here:

The Bible should not be taken as a source of information or even a source of knowledge.

Sadly there are even people out there, who say the earth is flat, just because the bible says so.

(Sorry, If I went a bit too off-topic)

5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I posted something about that, but don't remember which thread.

6. whitecoffee1

7. whitecoffee1

8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

rey2016meza and whitecoffee1 like this.
  9. whitecoffee1

10. TriadSibling

Yes, the ME isn't the first, I should have mentioned I already knew that.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  11. the_rev

the_rev Trusted Member

So, aside from considering Adam and Eve to be related, further on in Genesis - after Cain kills Able and is banished it is stated that he married his sister and had children with her.

It would be implied that Seth would also marry a sister and have children with her as well.

In the story of Noah, all life is wiped from the earth - save for Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives. This means that any offspring would have to marry at least a cousin to procreate.

There is another story where a woman wants to get pregnant but can't with her husband, so she dresses up as a prostitute and seduces her father-in-law.

Ruth's husband dies and she marries his next closest kin. In fact the "kinsman redeemer" is talked about in plenty of other places - basically if the husband of a wife dies then she seeks out his closest kin (brother, father, cousin, uncle, etc) to take care of her.

One of King David's sons rapes his sister.

Lot has sex with his daughters after the destruction of Sodom.

I'm almost certain that there are more instances, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

12. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

So we are all family, no wonder we squabble all the time.

Insp Gadget and TriadSibling like this.
  13. whitecoffee1

Umm, how about we all do a family-meeting with a barbecue?

I'll bring some cole slaw.

Akbloke, the_rev and TriadSibling like this.
  14. the_rev

the_rev Trusted Member

I'll bring the potato salad

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  15. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I bring the vaseline, hehehehehe.

16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I'll bring the case of 190+ proof vodka. And the beer for chasers.

17. TriadSibling

Ok, let's get this back on topic lol.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  18. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Yes, and this thread has some really well-written stuff.

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. lovingincest

lovingincest Account Deleted

From a metaphorical perspective, sure.

My sister is mormon. She believes god has a penis. To be clear, she believes "god" as in the christian god has a penis. And when her son goes to heaven he will take his penis and create more spirit children. or something. I am sure i am getting this terribly wrong.

Any mormons into incest who can help?

A future version of genetic engineering might make incest normal. Who knows.

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

I've not ever really considered this but...

I can't comment on the Mormon part but why would having a penis in Heaven be a big problem? Why wouldn't God have a penis? He is, after all, referred to many times in the Bible as "The Father". I can't fathom why it would be offensive for him to have a dick. To me it would be offensive if he didn't.

From my perspective I sure as hell hope I keep my vagina. I would like to use it in Heaven otherwise I don't see Heaven being all that heavenly. And if I get to keep making kids then I probably would. Mostly because I think my kids are awesome and I really enjoy being a mother. But really we would have all of eternity so it seems to me that folks would get bored without genitals or children. However that would work.

I am monogamous on Earth but I honestly hope Heaven is a little more polyamorous. Wouldn't a nice orgy in Heaven make it the most heavenly place of all time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.