1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Nerdboy, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Trusted Member

if trump will be elected again as America's president ??

2. splendidfriend

splendidfriend Trusted Member

I think he has a better shot than he did last time.

Fetishests and curiousFred like this.
  3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I dont see it as much. Here is why. He is running a dangerous line right now that could screw him. That is the Census question. USSC ruled no. He is now acting like he will just put it there anyway because he said so. That will play to his base. His base is not what people think it is. So far he has not done anything "against the Constitution". Refusing to release the Census (Art 1 Sec 2, every 10 years. Not every 10 years unless the POTUS wants to hold it for a while instead because of cases and stuff) would be. Deciding he can just ignore USSC ruling because he does not like them is. That could turn off the middle. You. Cant. Win. Without. The. Middle.

4. Immortal1

Immortal1 Trusted Member

Trump walking that "dangerous" line is one of the reasons that got him elected in the first place. He's doing the one thing our past presidents failed to do, run this country like a business. That is why our economy is red hot. As far as the 2020 Census goes, that citizenship question was always on it until Obama took it off. He's just wanting to put it back on. As far as his re-election, he's going to be re-elected no matter who the DNC nominates to run against him. None of those candidates have the American People at heart, just those who are here illegally.

5. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Trusted Member

what i feel from outside is , he has good intentions but his personal family affairs are letting him down . In Last 2-3 years, there has not been a single international meeting where his family has'nt drawn attention for wrong reasons.Sometimes its ivanaka other times is Melania . These incidents grab limelight and Trumps actual achievements form these meetings go for a toss

curiousFred likes this.
  6. TOMEK2019

TOMEK2019 Trusted Member

Tramp is normal why you hate him ?

7. buffyfan

But the government is not a "business" it is run by the powers denoted by the Constitution. One branch can stop another in its tracks. You seem to want it to be an autocracy. Where the guy up top gives orders and those below him just execute them. Would you be OK with this if a Dem defying a USSC ruling because he wanted to do it anyway?

8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

When has a Democrat care what it says in the Constitution. It seems the last few years, the Democrats have been trying to destroy the Constitution. I heard that a citizenship question used to be in the census, but a Democrat President removed it, probably to get legal and illegal aliens to count in apportionment.

9. buffyfan

So. On that. Since that claim is mildly flawed. Was on the 1940, if I remember then was removed before 1950. Could have been 1950 on, 1960 off though. Gone until 1970. Was added back to the long form, which not everyone gets. Taken off in 2010 from the long form. This is a tricky issue. Because the census was not meant to measure "Citizens within the borders". If it was? Slaves would never have been counted, as they were not citizens. It is meant to measure residents. I don't totally disagree with the question, per se. My point is if the USSC says he cant? He cant just say "well I say I can do as I please". Remember this. You are defined as a hypocrite if you allow "your side" to ignore checks and balances but insist the other side has to obey them when they are in power. Remember, if the Ds take the Senate and Trump wins? There is deep precedent now for Chuck or whomever takes that big chair to just table bills he or she does not like (MM does it every day) and table non cabinet level appointees till they feel like it (MM again in not filling lower court seats until his side is in power).

10. Neophyte

The Democrats have attacked the 1st, 2nd and 5th amendments, they are trying to eliminate the Electoral College. Piece by piece they are trying to dismantle the Constitution. Democrats seem to feel that the Constitution is a hindrance and not a guide. Whenever I use the terms Democrats and Republicans, I am referring to the politicians and High Party members, not the voters.

Trump has been rather mild when trying to overstep his bounds based on the Constitution and the Law. I can point out far more egregious violations perpetrated by Obama. And the fact that many prominent Democrats were and are calling for the impeachment of Trump even before he had taken office, make it look like Democrats are throwing a temper tantrum, we didn't win so we are taking our ball and going home. I'm sure the Democrats are very familiar with hypocrisy, considering how many times they are guilty of it.

I have been following the actions taken by both parties. It seems that I can understand the actions of the Republicans, the motives seem to be strait forward. The actions of the Democrats seems to be more confusing. The Democrats motives on the surface looks to be contradictory until you look at the actions based on the premise of accumulation of power by any means necessary. My tentative conclusion is that the Democrats are not working towards the betterment of the citizens of United States, they are working towards the domination of all its people.

11. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Trump needs to get rid of Acosta, and quick. Make a statement. Before it looks like he caved to pressure.

The longer he waits, the more the dirty associations will accumulate. If he acts quickly, he distances himself from the optics, not to mention the odour, and his position is significantly strengthened.

Whatever bond Trump and Acosta once had means squat now, Trump needs to look after Number One.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  12. Insp Gadget

13. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Trusted Member

how much the new revelation regarding Jeffery epstein impact Trump chances??It certainly put Hillary on backfoot.Is this scandal is going to harm Trump's chances or will it propel him to another presidency??

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  14. Insp Gadget

He'll need to be careful - I think that he could have distanced himself more from Acosta by firing him.

It may be that he is holding his cards right now. Acosta was only federal prosecutor at the time, while Mueller was head of the FBI, and Trump would like nothing better than to repay Mueller for his fake 'Russian collusion' accusation.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Nerdboy like this.
  15. Neophyte

Isn't Jeffery Epstein a personal friend to Bill and Hillary Clinton. Wasn't Bill Clinton suppose to have spent a weekend on Epstein Sex Island where Bill claimed he didn't have sex with any of the underage women when he was there. If the MSM pushes this Epstein thing against Trump the Democrats will be cutting their own throats.

16. Insp Gadget

Bang on. The left-wing press are putting all their hopes on this quote :

quote.jpg
    Look at the picture - Trump looks young - it was in 2002. He hardly knew Epstein then. Some five yeas later, President Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida “because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.”

Clinton, however, remained a close friend of Epstein and now has some explaining to do :

[​IMG]

The records show that he took the 'Lolita Express' at least 24 times.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  17. Insp Gadget

Trump is going to have a hard time covering up this sordid part of his past ...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  18. chugga_throwaway

chugga_throwaway New Member

With this economy, it's almost a garunteed

19. Neophyte

20. Neophyte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.