1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

California needs a enema.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Amanda, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for him. It doesn't really matter who you vote for because the Democrats have rigged most of the important elections. And we can't go to the courts, because the State Attorney General is a Democrat, and the 9th Federal Court of appeals are Democrats. By the time you get a suit through to the U.S. Supreme Court the politician in question term is over and the USSC won't hear a case on a non-sitting politician. Everything is rigged by the Democrats. And the Democrats are responsible for everything bad going on in California, everything.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  2. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I meant the people in general.

Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  3. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Thanks Brutus. I guess I better watch how I write things. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Neophyte

5. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I can't believe this bullshit about the American flag being so "shocking and disturbing" to some people was on my local news up here in North Idaho. California is a fucking dump.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Don't sugar coat it, tell it like it is.

itshot likes this.
  7. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Thanks Brutus, I will. I can't believe I lived in that shithole for 66 years.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I only was there to visit my sister a couple of times. I thought they were wacky back then. Now, they are worse.

itshot likes this.
  9. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Yup!

10. Neophyte

SB-826 Corporations: boards of directors

For the women out there this California Law will seem a good thing, but for those that see it for what it is will know that the insane Democrats have once again gone too far. This Law makes it mandatory that publicly held corporations that are headquartered in California must have an equal number of women on its board no matter the qualification of the women to be there.

11. Neophyte

12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Actually is doesn't. It specifies a ratio which may result in an equal number, depending on how many directors are on the board.
    However, it is a form of affirmative action, and that always has a downside as well as an upside. Obviously, it may result in the disqualification of an otherwise excellent male candidate purely on a gender-bias basis. In other words, legislated descrimination.
    I know exactly how the male in question would feel. It's been happening to women for thousands of years.
    The really sad part is that a law like this would be considered necessary in the first place.

13. pussycat

I don't know about that. I was only there once, for a brief holiday, but I found it quite beautiful and very nice people. More than I can say for some other parts of the US. (Or Canada, for that matter).

:)

14. Neophyte

The only way that the Law would allow unequal numbers of gender is if there are an odd number of directors. In all other cases it is mandatory that the numbers are equal. If there are not enough open director seats to appoint an equal number of women, then new director seats must be created to make the numbers equal. this is mandatory enforcement, under penalty of law. The initial implementation will start with adding one woman member, but in later phases, the number will be brought up to reflect the ratio of the population, which is roughly equal at this point. In combination with other laws passed by the Democrats, this has the potential of destroying California forever.

15. pussycat

I see. Having women in equal control will destroy California.

Male arrogance anyone?

:rolleyes:

16. Neophyte

As I original posted. women will think this is a good law. Did you think about the long term consequences and what the law will create in reality, not some imaginary utopia that only exists in the minds of the delusional Dems.

17. pussycat

I think it will create a lot of problems. Resentment and hostility from some of the males, for sure. Some men just can't handle taking orders from a woman. Some of the women will let the power go to their heads, others will try to push the boundaries too far. Its human nature.
    But in the end I think it will be a net benefit to society.
    However, I don't expect a delusional Republican would agree with me.

:D

18. Neophyte

19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I live in the Cincinnati Oh area and the city is well known for it's council to mess everything up. In one case, the renovation of
    Music Hall created a problem for the patrons to enter the building from the back where the parking lot is.
    An expert designer knowledged in pedestrian traffic flow was hired to help figure out a solution.

The first thing he said was "This is such a Cincinnati problem!".
    He then gave 3 ways to alleviate the safety and pedestrian flow problem. All good and doable within budget.
    All of which the council rejected by the Democrat majority, which is both men and women.

BUT, that aside, We have a Women of the year event, which a month is set aside for and the biggest portion is
    a Business Women of the Year notoriety.
    We have a reputation of having a high percentage over most major cities of women in charge of local and global
    businesses. All of which do a great job of keeping jobs in our state, county, and city.

So with this area being mostly Republican (except for the inner city area, which is mainly African-American)
    I would say that we will follow and respect a position from which a good job is being done, regardless of the
    position being held by a woman or a man. Republican and democrat alike.

If you can't get a job anywhere around the Greater Cincinnati area, it's only because you are not looking.

20. Neophyte

Brutus58 and Dane like this.