1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Julian Assange.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by curiousFred, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Julian Assange made a total ass of himself, he wasted 7 years of his life, not knowing how many years he has left.
    He is another educated moron.
    I don't give a fuck what happens to him.

Dane, Insp Gadget and Danny Boy 1966 like this.
  2. Danny Boy 1966

Danny Boy 1966 Trusted.Member

I agree, he asked for everything that he has coming to him.

Insp Gadget and curiousFred like this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

All respect, my friends - but I think you're drinking the Kool-Aid. If we lose Wikileaks etc we lose a lot of critical thinking and free speech.

4. Danny Boy 1966

Danny Boy 1966 Trusted.Member

My friend I'm not hitting on free speech, I think it's most critical. I'm not beating up on him for showing it to everybody. The only thing I'm saying is, he made the choice to show someone how to breaking into a government server, then he took a copy of the documents from the person as payment for the info he shared. If you or I had pulled a cyber crime like that and got caught we would be in jail same as him.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Indeed we would need to consider that potential outcome, and I'm sure that he factored it into his actions. It's a cost/benefit thing - we got the benefit of useful information, and he covered the cost.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Remember, he went into hiding in the embassy to avoid being extradited for a rape charge.
    Instead of being gracious for their help he treated embassy staff like dirt.
    You can only bite the hand that feeds you for so long before you get tossed to the street, into the hands of the British police.

7. Insp Gadget

CNN-ish details - and I suppose that next it'll be that his complexion was a little too pale for him to be considered a hero, too.
    He had a pure idea and he pursued it, just like we do here.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    curiousFred likes this.
  8. Godfrey R.

Godfrey R. Trusted.Member

Assange accepted an offer from President Trump on 12 January 2018, and note that Assange was arrested on 11 April by British police "on behalf of the US authorities". I think you will find him coming over to you in due course as a very valuable political witness in the offensive to discredit certain opponents.

9. Insp Gadget

The Brits need to grow a pair, and so do we Can't-nucks up here.

"on behalf of the US authorities" ... omg ... you mean those folks who can't get it up anymore, so they have to hitch a ride up to the Space Station on Russian rockets ? :)

curiousFred likes this.
  10. Godfrey R.

Insp Gadget

I would like to understand what you are saying but it is a bit obtuse. Can you be so kind as to explain a "Can't Nuck", and in the second paragraph after "omg" what exactly does that mean?

Insp Gadget likes this.
  11. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

I can understand the literal meanings of Insp Gadget's comments.
    • He is a Canadian, IE a "Canuck". I guess that could me the opposite of "Can't Nuck" ?

• American can't get (it) up to the space station without using Russian rockets,
      because the space shuttle fleet is now sitting at various museums.
    As for what he actually means, I have been trying to decipher that for many years. :)

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Back on topic here, Assange is a traitor to the USA.
    I'm all for an open government, and the published documents thereof, but
    Assange released vital information which put people in mortal danger by publishing
    secrets that were in use to keep our country and people safe.

He also obtained his information from the hacking of government computers
    including the Pentagon.

We had a liberal, self righteous (as most liberals are), hacker some years ago
    that hacked into the CIA database and then published the names and addresses
    of our CIA agents here and abroad. Including those who were undercover in ISIS
    trying to stop terrorist bombings.

He is a traitor and so is Assange for reasons of the same. They both put the lives
    in jeopardy of people trying to keep harm from happening to us and others
    in the world.

13. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Julian Assange is not a traitor to the USA for the simple reason that he is NOT an American citizen.
    However, as a citizen of an allied country (Australia), it does make him a traitor.

As for the rest of your comment - yes, I do agree. There should be limits for what people are allowed to publish and make publicly known. But things like the exposure of those who are working hard to protect your country from those who would do serious harm, should always remain classified.

14. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

The USA has taken the position lately that their laws trump ( pun intended ) everyone elses. It's my opinion that its about time we stopped catering to them.
    I know some Americans will be aghast at this, but we really shouldn't give a rats ass what happens to their spies.
    Having said that, Assange let his own ego get the better of him. He had a lot of worldwide goodwill on his side and he's basically thrown it all away.

15. pussycat

Good luck with that.

:rolleyes:

Insp Gadget and Godfrey R. like this.
  16. Godfrey R.

Now here is how a person like Julian Assange could really make himself useful:

Because all six US Carrier strike groups have put to sea within the last three weeks, the Kremlin believes that there is going to be an attack by the US on Iran or Venezuela, although they haven't ruled out the creation of an incident in the Kerch Strait area.

The problem is that the US has ceased virtually all military-to-military communication with Russia and "militarized space".

Since 2 June 2018 there have been four "space rock explosions" with a spectacular fireball described by witnesses as equal to the sun in brilliance and accompanied by a thunderous explosion - "a near exact description of an airburst nuclear weapon."

(1) Space rock "2018 LA" arriving with eight hours' warning exploded over Botswana.

(2) 18 December 2018 Kamchatka Peninsula, arrival undetected, "force 10x Hiroshima."

(3) 15 March 2019 Krasnoyarsk region, arrival undetected

(4) 7 April 2019, exploded over military-industrial city of Krasnovarsk causing great fear and panic, undetected.

On all three of the latter occasions Russia prepared to launch nuclear strikes against the US and EU due to these space rock blasts. The problem is that all survelliance systems for rocket launches have been rendered ineffective by the United States. Therefore next time Russia may shoot first and ask questions after.

Good game, innit?

Akbloke and curiousFred like this.
  17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Fine, when our security is totally compromised, I'll be glad to hear you and those who think like you, fall to a devastating ruin.
    Just like you just asked for.

curiousFred likes this.
  18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I really believe you are from California.
    Your hatred of the USA is right in-line with their views and self loathing.
    If your defense and government intelligence is compromised, who else in the world would be ready and willing to defend you?
    If all diplomatic relations were cut off from Canada, it's not the USA that would suffer. First off, you wouldn't be able to get all
    the profit you make skirting tariffs by allowing China to dump metals into the USA via Canada.

I really don't have a clue why people like you hate the USA.
    We are tired of supporting those who burn our flag and speak out against us when we give them $$$$ of aid.
    Trump is right, the way to make the USA great again is to say goodbye to those who rail against us, like you.
    It's time we said " Take care of you own problems and we'll take care of ourselves only".
    I'm tired of our infrastructure crumbling while we help and pay to rebuild a ton of foreign countries.

Trump has done more for the protection and basis for rebuilding our country since Reagan.

curiousFred and Godfrey R. like this.
  19. Godfrey R.

Late News 15 April: The Russian Federation has ceased all cooperation with NATO following their suspicions that a false flag incident is to be created by NATO warships in the Kerch Straits.

Russian MOD military analysts are now warning that World War III will follow if the unexplained bombardment of space rocks (see my previous post above) over Russia in daylight does not cease at once.

The French intelligence agency DGSE has requested through Interpol the arrest of ISIS terror cell in Paris after propane tank bombs were discovered in the partial ruins of Notre Dame Cathedral.

curiousFred likes this.
  20. pussycat

Hate is a pretty strong word. It shouldn't be thrown around lightly.

Akbloke and Insp Gadget like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.