1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Reasons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clowns, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clowns

clowns Trusted.Member

For what reasons would a mom have sex with her own son? Or father and daughter or brother and sister or...

Love? Money? Coercion? Blackmail? They didn't know they were related? They were tricked?

Any comments or additions?

curiousFred likes this.
  2. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Same reasons two unrelated people would hook up. Not all familial couples start in the best of ways, and that's very unfortunate (it should always be between two consenting adults), but a lot of real life couples do start from legitimate closeness.

When you fall in love with someone, you don't choose for it to happen, and some people fall in love with a family member.

Outside of love, there are also bound to be couples who are basically "family with benefits". I've heard of a few participating people that have said it was the thrill, the sex, and the experience that drives them. I'm okay with that, as long as it's all between consenting adults.

I've also heard of at least one brother and sister who had been separated at birth, and they'd either married, or had kids together, or both. However, they didn't actually know they were related until after the fact.

There are a lot of circumstances that can lead up to a hookup with family, not just through nefarious actions or means.

cummunion, Akbloke, EggHead and 2 others like this.
  3. clowns

clowns Trusted.Member

I don't remember the terminology, but close family members who grow up in the same household typically don't have a mutual attraction, while close family members who grew up separately are more likely to be sexually attracted to each other.

Nature overall doesn't promote incest, yet it does happen. Can we not assume there is some external force in the works when that happens?

curiousFred and TriadSibling like this.
  4. TriadSibling

We can't say that nature doesn't overall promote incest, when there's hundreds, if not thousands of years of history filled with participating members, today included. At the very least we have to assume nature must promote it even a quarter of the time, but we have zero data to go on, outside of the few people willing to risk it all for the sake of providing those answers. Incest is less talked about today due to laws, stigma, and societal nonsense, but it isn't hard to suggest, or find evidence to conclude that it's just as practiced today as it was 500 years ago, even if today it is practiced in the shadows, behind closed doors. Heck, forums like this, with people like me on them are proof that this happens, despite the stigma from society. That sounds like nature to me. It wasn't too long ago either, that anything other than heterosexuality was deemed unnatural as well, but today society finally recognizes that it is completely natural to have other sexualities.
    I have to disagree about some of this. Close family members who grew up together can, and do have attraction toward each other, but often enough when they act on the feeling, or when it's noticed by other family members, those who are at least curious about incest are often chastised and told it's wrong. That makes the lack of attraction a learned behavior in such cases. When you have society telling people they can't be with a family member because [it's icky], that's also a learned behavior. So I don't agree that familial attraction is necessarily unnatural or the result of external forces, because based on my personal experiences, and what I've gathered from other people who are active with family, the data just doesn't lend itself to that conclusion.
    I'm not saying all families have members who are attracted to each other, that would be silly - just like it would be silly to say that everyone, everywhere will eventually be attracted to everyone else they meet. It just boils down to closeness and chemistry, and in the case of family (and previously also with the aforementioned sexuality differences); not being told what to believe about sexual attraction.

Can it be a result of these external forces? Absolutely, and there are many cases made public where that is so.
    But are those external forces the cause of incest? No. The fact that consensual incest exists at all means people naturally feel attracted to their partner.
    Plus, I know me and sis weren't pushed into it, or bribed, or anything else. :D

Btw, I hope this long post doesn't sound like a rant, that's not my intention.

5. clowns

clowns Trusted.Member

Here is what I was referring to:
    'The Westermarck effect, or reverse sexual imprinting, is a hypothetical psychological effect through which people who live in close domestic proximity during the first few years of their lives become desensitized to sexual attraction.'

curiousFred likes this.
  6. clowns

clowns Trusted.Member

/Btw, I hope this long post doesn't sound like a rant, that's not my intention.?/
    I enjoy the feedback. That's why I posted here. So, correct me if I am wrong, but I assume you would fall into the 'love' category.

Brutus58 and TriadSibling like this.
  7. TriadSibling

Yes, that would be accurate. :)

Brutus58, Akbloke and clowns like this.
  8. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

And the best reason anyway.

Brutus58, darkhair4 and TriadSibling like this.
  9. cummunion

cummunion Account Deleted

Or father and son or brothers?

10. clowns

clowns Trusted.Member

Yes. Sorry to have excluded anyone. :)
    Mothers and daughters and sisters also.

cummunion likes this.
  11. darkhair4

darkhair4 Account Deleted

My sister and I grew up having a close relationship with each other. We kind of had a messed up childhood and had to rely on each other, hence the closeness. That closeness carried into our adult lives, which fostered the relationship we have now. With out it, I don't think either of us would have ever thought about a sexual relationship. And that closeness we had growing up has brought a deepness to our intimacy now that I don't think we would have if we wern't related.

Akbloke, Brutus58 and clowns like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.