1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Hate the USA? Then leave already!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Dane, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

In todays paper. I hope it comes true that Barbara goes. Her and her USA hating friend George Soros .

" Barbra Streisand is considering heading north if Tuesday’s midterm elections favor the Republican Party.

An outspoken Democrat, Streisand told The New York Times that she is fervently hoping her party takes control of the House of Representatives. If the Republicans keep the House, she mulled drastic action.

“I’ve been thinking about, do I want to move to Canada? I don’t know,” Streisand, 76, said, targeting President Donald Trump. “I’m just so saddened by this thing happening to our country. It’s making me fat. I hear what he said now, and I have to go eat pancakes now, and pancakes are very fattening.”

Just like every time a tornado struck or some fish died somewhere, it was always "George Bush's fault",
    now it's Donald Trump's fault she's fat.

Liberal Democrats, and all other liberals are totally out of touch with real life.

2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Your fine Country has far too much of this stuff happening from within ...

[​IMG] ... in the media, and in both major parties.

Did anything ever become of the American Freedom Party ?

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Kalixtus

Kalixtus Trusted Member

Maybe I am making myself unpopular. They say you shouldn't have political discussions if you don't know your counterpart. But I rarely follow to the rules of others^^. In my country the USA, since Donald rules, is terribly attacked by the media and the so-called VIPs. I find it terribly shameful when other countries and their inhabitants think they have to make a judgement. Of course not everything is wonderful in the USA. Of course Trump makes mistakes - but doesn't everyone? I have never been one-sided about anything and found it very interesting that Trump was elected. Like many others, it was very clear to me why he was elected - the great political failure of the elites is not a unique problem of the USA. We have that here, too, but the domestic media naturally want to perceive it far less. When I was in the USA, travelling through a few states, I was completely in love with the southern states and their warm hospitality. You have to search a long time to meet such kindhearted people, as in the Gulf region. So I say be a proud America. You don't have to be the big brother of the world. It is enough for me if you are a friend.

And, didn't some VIPs want to leave the country when Donald Trump becomes president - Whoopi Goldberg, Miley Cyrus etc? Hollow words without meaning - Barbara just seems to join them - creepy.

4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Many VIP's said they would leave if Bush I and II were elected but they didn't leave. They were only trying to persuade people to vote the way they wanted, they were lying about leaving. They lied with both Bush's and they lied with Trump. They are like little children, throwing a temper tantrum if they don't get their way.

5. Blu3tooth

Blu3tooth Trusted Member

I can't leave, because I am not there. But the once great America is now just a pathetic joke. The American experiment with democracy has failed and is now a puppet state of totalitarian Russia. China rises and will rule the world. Russia will share it. India will become the bastion of democracy, as Europe becomes an Islamic continent. The Arabs will continue to be a primitive pimple on the planet until they run out of oil. Then they can be nuked from the face of the planet. Putin's Puppet will continue to rule a Spanish speaking America until he is either shot or dies from a venereal disease. Leave America? Yes, do it for your family. The place is fucked.

6. h..truman

h..truman Trusted.Member

im so glad and proud to be canadian

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Insp Gadget

Me, too - but I can't see why I should have to settle for feeling that way about only one or the other.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

curiousFred likes this.
  8. Insp Gadget

Well if I can offer another point of view - I'd live in the USA. Hell yeah ... (see, I'm practising.) :)

I like it here, too - and would likely have remained in whichever of the two where I'd been born. And posting opinionated political stuff on this very same Forum. From either side, real friends should tell each other what's on their mind - and by doing so they may make each other better.

Where in the USA would I live ? South - for a lot of reasons. :) And I wouldn't be seeing much of a coastline from where I was, either.

(But I'd better do it quick - before they build a wall or something ! :D)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Brutus58 likes this.
  9. h..truman

h..truman Trusted.Member

what scares me about travelling to the US is the police

Blu3tooth and curiousFred like this.
  10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The police have been getting beat up by all this political correctness crap.

The minorities are always screaming "Police Brutality!", but if you look at what really happens you'll find
    that the police in the most part were doing their job and trying to protect themselves and others.

I've got an idea what the minorities should do when ordered by the police to stop.... STOP!
    Don't fight them and they won't beat you. We had one guy here recently that was being put under arrest and into handcuffs,
    but he fought back and was trying to get the officer's firearm. It's very clear from the video. He kept struggling and putting
    his hand on the officer's holster and pistol handle.
    The arresting officers HAD to hit him and take him down forcibly. Who knows who he would have shot and killed.
    The minority community went beserk over it and started protesting and calling for the officers to be fired and arrested
    themselves for brutality etc.

I can give you example after example of this.

And yet, when something bad, or someone is trying to hurt them, the first people they call is the cops.

They have no sense of right and wrong. To them, breaking the law is only wrong if you get caught. That is, the getting caught
    part, not the fact they seem to think everything is theirs for the taking.

They are totally un-appreciative of what this country puts up with in their "You owe me" attitude.

11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

So what I suggest is that if you come to the US, don't break the law. Don't try to steal something, don't start fighting in the
    street, don't fight the police if they ask, or tell, you to stop doing what you're doing.

The police will do their best to protect you. Yes, there are some bad cops, but 99% are men and women who are regular,
    good people.
    I'm not at all afraid of our police. I know if I need to fight them about something, I do it in the legal system, not in the street.

12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Just a personal observation. I won't base my judgement on what I see in the news, just where I've been in person.
    Upstate New York I know just like I know Ontario, it's practically a second home to me. Also parts of New England. And it's no different from Ontario. It looks the same, the people are the same (if anything the cops are a lot better than here), it's comfortable. Sure, I could live there, but I'm better off here, so why move?
    North and South Carolina, no way in hell. I don't like the south, I don't care for the people, they're not genuine and I would never really trust them (generalization of course, they're not all like that). And the climate sucks. You couldn't offer me enough money. And yes, they tried.
    California. It's a big place, and I only saw a small part of it. San Francisco is fun but I wouldn't want to live there. Monterey is beautiful, the people are great and yeah, I'd move there for sure if I could figure out how to afford it. Pebble Beach is a bit beyond my financial means.
    So when you say USA, what part? It's so diverse its like 10 countries. I cant comment on the midwest, or Texas, or Florida, I've never been there.
    And there are other variables. There's lots of nice places to live if you have money. There's lots of horrible places if you don't.
    (that applies to a lot of countries).
    All of that is of course if you don't give a shit about politics and you just want to live your life.
    My 2 cents (CDN currency).

13. Kalixtus

Kalixtus Trusted Member

As someone who lives in Europe, the USA is brought closer to you in two ways. First as a friend, big brother and protector after the Second World War. The Europeans have rested on this for a frighteningly long time and now they have miserable military, miserable immigration laws, miserable politicians, miserable leadership. They make the world believe that you can protect your country without restrictions, that you have to be liberal to all cultures even if they promote terrorism, etc. the list is long of misjudgements in Europe. But Trump showed the Europeans the fuck finger and founded the America First debate - why? Because he is the president of America and not of the world. Surprise, you stupid Europeans^^. The really amusing thing is that so many states have been hit really hard, they are all in a state of shock and bark like dogs without being able to bite. Because they checked, we made ourselves much too dependent. Surprise again. This is what Europeans learn about Americans during and after the Second World War. The other is the time before - the evil Americans who stole the land from the natives and then won the war of independence with the help of the French against the English.
    All this is just miserable, European school education. I have nothing against facts, indeed the natives were not treated well. Fact. Yes, the Americans and the system of capitalism made Europe dependent after the Second World War to stand against Russia and its system. But it was a free choice of the European states. But what was made of the opportunity was not the fault of the USA. To turn Europe into an idea that magically attracts refugees was not the fault of the USA. To turn Europe into a bureaucracy monster is also not the fault of the USA. Surprise again. I look at the USA much more closely away from the media and the European, laughable mainstream opinions. Where more value is placed on the gender debate than on facts. The USA creates facts and it has quite hard-working people who produce these facts. The police are one of them. I wish our police would have even a fraction of that integrity. Here in the country the police officer is more likely to be arrested than the perpetrator if he is injured in a prosecution. Our police cannot protect the people. As exciting as the continent of Europe is in its history and places - it has completely missed the fact that this world is not the Greek Elysium.

Ironically, all powerful states have checked that out. USA, Russia, China even India and Brazil - I fear the Europeans will not learn it, they are disciples of the doctrine of "political correctness".

14. Digital-Darkness

Digital-Darkness Account Deleted

Barbra Streisand, Jane Fonda, Obama, and just about all the other Dim's need to find a new country to live in. Obama for one did a few thing for the USA, one was sold it out, put people out of work with his regulations, and this country needs a wall. The Dim's talk about abolishing ice, i think we need to abolish the Dim's, they are good for nothing.

15. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

There is so much trouble all over the planet, one could think we are still apes squabbling in the trees.
    Unfortunately stupidity rules the world.
    I have now answer at all to any of that. Sigh.

Neophyte, Brutus58, Dane and 3 others like this.
  16. Scott Summers

Scott Summers Trusted.Member

Not sure why you brought this up here, but I agree 100% with you. These people really are out touch with the real world, that now they just sound like bunch of nuts.

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. Scott Summers

Scott Summers Trusted.Member

Southern CA is nice in around Pasadena especially, it's 80's most of the time, no humidity no mosquitoes either. They have Rose Parade & the Rose Bowl, close to LA and plenty of sports teams Baseball, Basketball, Hockey. Lots of beaches, and swimming pool in the back yard of homes.

FL and down South is nice but very humid and buggy especially mosquitoes

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  18. cuzluster

cuzluster Trusted.Member

yeah, how many actually leave? apart from tax-haven seeking types who else says "the hell with this place, i'm outta here!"

Brutus58, itshot and Insp Gadget like this.
  19. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

As long as they keeping electing the same stupid assholes nothing will change. Been gone almost 12 years and don't miss it.

20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The single word for "you owe me" is "entitlement". A lot of people feel they are entitled to what ever they want. Especially if it belongs to YOU!

Insp Gadget and Dane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.