1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Good News Stories

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I'm pleased to see how well Messrs Trump and Trudeau are getting along. They seem to actually like each other, and I sense a mutual respect.

President Trump has done quite a lot of good for Canada, as well - beginning with his approving the Keystone pipeline. And the NAFTA negotiations look like they will prove beneficial for both Countries.

Neophyte likes this.
  2. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

That was nice, reminded me of the Flashmobs I have seen and heard making great music. Thanks a lot.

3. Insp Gadget

An Olympic team has made an epic parody of 'Gangnam Style' for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the Norwegian Olympic ski team ...

curiousFred, jillicious and Neophyte like this.
  4. Insp Gadget

A local politician in Poland has arranged to let a cow live in peace after she escaped a slaughterhouse and swam to safety.

Poland Cow.jpg

The cow made its bid for safety last month, after she refused to get into a truck that was transporting cows to a slaughterhouse. Instead, she smashed through a metal fence, broke the arm of the man trying to catch her, and made a dash for the nearby Lake Nysa.

She then swam to an island in the middle of the lake.

Nyskie-lake-750x444.jpg

The cow's owner, Mr. Lukasz, spent a week trying to get her to come back before finally giving up. And Pawel Kukiz, a political leader in the town of Nysa, has arranged for the 'hero cow' to remain on the island and be saved from death.

jillicious and Neophyte like this.
  5. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

The poor cow was finally caught and put on a truck to a place where she could live happily and free, but she collapsed and died,
    most likely from shock. Not what I would call a happy end.

6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

7. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Daddy_Rob55 and Insp Gadget like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

Neophyte likes this.
  9. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for this one!

Insp Gadget likes this.
  10. Neophyte

11. Neophyte

City Council Removes Veteran Memorial, So Voters Remove Something Of Theirs

City Council Removes Veteran Memorial, So Voters Remove Something Of Theirs Cowardly city council members voted to remove a veterans memorial after the atheist-minority complained that it was “offensive.” So, voters gathered the very next day and made a decision of their own that has the city council regretting they ever bowed to political correctness. On November 2, the Knoxville City Council of Iowa agreed that they would remove a memorial for fallen soldiers because atheists were outraged that it featured a Christian cross, signifying a headstone. On Tuesday, only one day after the council voted to tear down the display, angry voters convened and voted that the gutless officials be removed from their positions. Breitbart reports that aside from some 2,000 white crosses erected in yards across the town, citizens had warned the city council that if they voted to remove the display, they would be removed as well. Apparently, officials ignored the majority’s advice, a decision they now regret, and council members April Verwers, Carolyn Formanek, and David Roozeboom proceeded to vote in favor of eliminating the memorial. The next day, Formanek and Verwers were voted out of office, and Roozeboom chose to forgo re-election, knowing that he would be removed as well. Neither Formanek nor Verwers garnered more than 15 percent of the vote. Resident Doug Goff was ecstatic over Tuesday’s turnout. “I was extremely emotional,” Goff said, “because this cause is very deep to me and I felt like I have let people down. I’d like to send him the message that if you’re not going to listen to Knoxville, Knoxville’s not going to back you.”

12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Yes!!! To hell with political correctness. You don't like it here, move to North Korea! I hear they have an excellent diet and exercise program for overweight snow flakes.

curiousFred and Neophyte like this.
  13. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

You're supposed to be living in a DEMOCRACY.......that means the Majority have the say!!

And anyway, that Vets Memorial was put up to remember for all time those of your community who had given their lives for their country. I can understand why the majority in the community got upset.

Cheers

14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

16. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

This is an amazing story - and wanna know why they were dying in the pool ?

[​IMG]

Yep - and there's more stories, lots more. It's worth the time to have a look HERE ...

... and see it all unfold in pictures.

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Akbloke wrote:

You're supposed to be living in a DEMOCRACY.......that means the Majority have the say!!

And anyway, that Vets Memorial was put up to remember for all time those of your community who had given their lives for their country. I can understand why the majority in the community got upset.

Cheers

Not picking a fight, but we are a Republic. Not a Democracy.
    The only votes to not re-elect those counsel members were by the people who actually voted. I doubt a majority of voters turned out.
    In most USA cities, less than 23% of eligible voters actually vote.

Thank goodness were are a Republic, or else California, Michigan and New York would decide everything about this countries laws
    and practices.
    There's a scary thought for you.

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Oops! Sorry. I should've included a good story too.

Here in our community, a group of local pastors got together and decided to work together and put
    on all these small community get-togethers to promote brotherhood.
    They have been a big success!
    Almost all the churches have seen an increase in patronage!

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You are CORRECT!!! The country of U. S. A. is a republic!!!! The dipshits who are elected forgot that. Or worse, never knew. My belief is that they think the puplic is so stupid they keep saying the same lie repeatedly, hoping to get re-elected over and over again! That's why we need a similar system of electoral college here in the state of New York!

20. Insp Gadget

Good News from Toronto the Good ...

Canadian and American men who would prefer the 'non-alcoholic beer' of whore houses will soon be able to dip their wicks at the first sex-doll brothel in North America, so they claim.

Aura Dolls will open in a Toronto strip mall next month, advertising the 'world's most beautiful silicone ladies' who can help you explore 'any fantasy or fetish you desire, without judgment or shame, bringing the ultimate sexual experience'.

Sex Doll Brothel Craze Hits Toronto At $80 A Whack

[​IMG]
    Will you choose Anna - their 'Busty, Romantic and Spontaneous' doll, Erika - who's 'Young, Gorgeous and Sweet', or Scarlett - the 'Absolute American Dream' ?

And don't worry, it's not cheating if it's an inanimate polymer-wrapped metal frame that'll let you do 'that thing you've always wanted to try'.

:)

Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.